Suprise

"You never told me you were hurting them

"You never told me you were hurting them."

I stood in my dads office as he was already pissed from all the events that had just taken place.
"That is not one of my problems right now June." He told me bluntly.

"Your hurting them." I said as my voice broke a little and he finally turned around to look at me and I starred him straight in the eye.

"We have to do what is necessary!" He yelled as he slammed his hand down on the table and I shook my head at him. This man was a monster.

"There are better ways to do what your doing. What if one of the children were me!" I yelled back with just the same tone and he let out a breath of a chuckle shaking his head.

"You know I wouldn't put you in there." He said and I shrugged starring at him blankly.

"What if you didn't have a choice? What if you strung my body up and drained the life out of me!" I roared and he wasn't so hesitant to snap back at me.

"I don't know June!"

"I can't deal with this anymore. This entire thing, WICKED, whatever this all even is." I told him about to walk out.

"They would've killed you if it wasn't for me. Your the reason why we have enemies. They would've shot you right there. But they didn't. Because of me-"

"And Thomas." I cut him of. Thomas convinced them it was him. "God you and that boy."

"That boy, was my best friend. So was Teresa and Newt, Frypan, Winston... And Minho. And now I'm no one to them. Because of all of this. And now they're probably dead because you scared them of. You dad! They were my friends, this is your fault!"

What if they're all dead? They barley had any water or food. And the amount of cranks out there. Who knows if they would've survived.

"They drove themselves out of there! Not me." God all he can do is deny. He doesn't want to admit that he's wrong.

"Mom would've agreed with me." I guilt tripped him and his face just dropped.

"Well it's a good thing she's dead."

I couldn't even believe what just came out of his mouth. "I don't even know you anymore."

I heard the door open behind us and that was my cue to leave. I turned around and saw Ava standing there and she looked at me her face pale but lips still red. "Am I interrupting?" She asked and I shook my head putting on a fake smile.

"No, no you actually have the perfect timing Ava." I told her in a not so welcoming tone and I was about to walk out until she stopped me.

"It's nice to see you June."

"I really can't say the same."

It's a been a week. They've done helicopter searches. Nothing. They've gone out in the night. Nothing. They even took me along with them on the searches and they found nothing. Dad thinks that I had a role to play in their escape.