Funeral March

September 19th

September 19th

THE CAMERA'S FLASH WAS SUBTLE HOWEVER, THE BIRDS WAITED NOT FOR THE SHOT AND TOOK TO THE SKIES.

Leaving her further alone.

The forest floor beneath her, nestling her back. 

Serafina braced her camera, pressing it to her eye.

She closed her eye,

and fired.

She didn't  bother checking.  It could only be perfect.

" Serafina.. that's pretty stellar."   

Serafina turned her head to meet the eyes of James Brigand.  His hand holding her camera, inspecting her work.

"Your eyes weren't even open and you took this?!  I've got to wonder who your  connect is" he asked jokingly.  His brown hair covering his eyes a little, a shy look on his face.

Sera turned forward.  "You're bluffing, but thanks "  she smiled lazily.

James Brigand watched her side profile.  Her red hair appearing dim in the darkened sky.  

"Now, I may not be a photo prodigy, but I thought you'd at least trust my taste to be decent." he huffed, feigning hurt.

Sera rolled her eyes, before sitting up straight.

James remained in his lying position, his eyes cast with an unreadable look.

Serafina felt his eyes,  "No, I do... we're friends so..."  she shrugged, flipping her hair.

"Hmm, so you're a defining factor in ones refined taste I suppose?"

" But of course, I mean look at me."  She playfully scoffed.

James scratched his neck slightly.

The birds chirped and branches broke.

Serafina stood up.

James followed suite speedily, his long body awkwardly adjusting to the sudden change in posture,