BLOOD and BALMAIN.

28th October

28th October

IT'S A CURIOUS THING,  HOW EASILY WE BECOME FAMILIAR AND EVEN COMFORTABLE  WITH  THE  VERY THINGS WE  ONCE FEARED  AND  OH SO QUICKLY.

COURSE, 

it would be an erroneous assumption  to assume  that comfort meant alliance, or even deadlier,

acquaintance.

Alifa Océane's   Dior  gloved hands trailed across the murky abyss walls, she had become quite acquainted with these past three days.

With the infamous Pre-exams underway, Alifa should have been no where near this place and yet..

Her humming had returned to melodic and serene tones, a slight skip in her step and her dark skin, glowed like it once had in the beginning. 

Behind her, walked Hendry Dubois, his hands behind his back and his pace slowed as to give enough distance between them.

Alifa Océane's mind wandered back to the great study  they were about to enter into once again. The fear she once felt, gave way to the excitement she had no intentions of containing.  

Within her, something else stirred, a new bout of this thing that allowed her to thread through these darkened hall with her fear behind her tail.

Courage.

She turned around swiftly, wearing the crimson blazer today.

"H-

"Alifa, can I ask you something?"  Hendry's baritone voice blasted through the silence.

"In case you're wondering or care at all,  I've been unable  to read the manuscript you gave me.  "  She announced, walking backwards.

Hendry Dubois' dark navy blazer, complimented his skin.  The darkness however, could not hide the restraint on his face. He  bit his lip and clenched his fists.

Alifa's eyes widened.

She lied it were not inability that left the manuscript untouched, but guilt.