三十七

a/n: idk what to write... wait *mind's loading*

* * *

Megumi took his phone out. He's currently standing outside a small ice cream shop. He's waiting for Yuuji and Nobara since they all decided to hang out.

He's tapping on his phone waiting for their message. He bit his lips as he suddenly felt anxious.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Hey, I'm asking you!"

"Ice cream."

Megumi's ears twitched. His heart started racing. He gulped in anxiousness as he immediately recognized that voice. That one familiar voice that he misses so much. His eyes started getting glossy but gladly he held back his tears.

"Megumi?"

Megumi felt like exploding, hearing that voice calls his name. Oh how he wishes to hug him and tell him that everything's going to be okay and that he just need to be himself.

Megumi didn't turn around. He did that because he knows Sukuna's with someone else.

"Megumi...!"

Megumi didn't look back as he walks even faster, arriving in front of a mini store. He placed his hand over his chest, panting. He asked himself why he ran away when he can just confront Sukuna again. Why is he scared? Is he scared of loosing him again? Is he scared to see them? To see Sukuna with someone else?

Everything shouldn't end like this. It doesn't make sense to Megumi, at all.

"Dad..." Megumi's voice cracked as he dialed his father's number. It was immediately answered.

"Megumi? Are you okay?"

"Can I go to Kyoto with you?"

"... are you sure about that?"

"No... I.. I want to see you, Dad. Come pick me up..."

"Sure. Send me the location I'll be there in five."

The call was immediately dropped as Megumi shoved his phone back in his pocket. Megumi patiently waited for his father to come and when he sees a black car that he recognizes, a small smile immediately formed in his face.

Toji stepped out of the car and fixes his hair. He immediately approached his son with a smile. A sweet smile.

"Have you been well—" Toji's eyes widen in surprise when Megumi suddenly hugged him. It caught him off guard but soon he hugged back. He pats Megumi's head and pulled away. "What's wrong?"

"Dad..." Megumi spoke with tears slowly forming in his pretty eyes. Toji's expression immediately changed from sweet to serious.

"Just tell me what's wrong, Megumi. I'll fix everything for you."

Megumi lowered his head. This is the time. The time that he'll ask his father about it. "Dad, are you really disappointed in me?"

"Disappointed? When did I feel disappointed in you?"

Megumi's eyes widen as his tears immediately trickled down on the ground. He already knows that Toji isn't like any other father out there. His father is kind, the kindest person that he loves the most. He knows Toji wouldn't be disappointed in him even if he did something bad. Why did he even believe what that old hag just told him? He knows his father the best.