9. Camila

I could picture her perfectly when she told me she was crashed out on her couch, her shoulders sore in the way she liked from a hard workout tonight. I imagined her freshly showered, in shorts and a t-shirt, a combo I rarely saw my sharp-dressed woman in, but a fantastic look nonetheless.

"Tell me why you like boxing" I said, as I closed the door to the tiny office at Cubic Z, slipping away for a short break while Ally handled the bar during a quiet time. I was spending my rare free minutes my favourite way. Talking to Lauren. It wasn't the same as being in the room with her, but she was a far better phone date than any in-person date I'd ever had with another person. Though, she didn't call these stolen chats dates. She didn't call them anything. Maybe because the two of us were so undefined right now. We took what we could get from each other, but didn't push too far.

"Because I have to use my mind and my body" she said.

"Mmm. Two of the things I like about you" I sank down into the office chair, leaning back against it, letting her voice warm me, "And how do you use your mind when you're hitting a bag?"

"You have to focus with boxing. You have to know exactly where to land a punch, and then deliver on it"

"How did you get into boxing in the first place?"

"High school"

"I thought you played football in high school?"

"I did. But I had no choice about boxing. Chris did it"

"And that meant you had to?"

"Can't let my brother beat me. I had to keep up with him. Wouldn't let him have the chance to win. So I took it up too. Taylor escaped our manly ways"

"I can beat Dinah if I have to" I joked.

"Girl fight. Don't get me excited" she said playfully.

"But I like getting you excited"

"And you're very good at it. You excel at that" Lauren said, then paused and I heard the slightest rustling sound.

"You stretching out on the couch?"

"I'm making myself more comfortable"

"Do your shoulders still hurt?"

"A little"

I sighed wistfully, my eyes fluttering closed as I imagined being there with her, soothing out the soreness from the punches she'd thrown, "If I were there I'd rub your shoulders for you. You could lean back into me and I'd make you feel better"

"Mmm. . . I bet you would"

"You can rest your head between my legs while I massage you"

Lauren laughed, "If I'm between your legs, there's no massaging going on. Unless it's of you and with my tongue"

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Always able to make things dirty, aren't you, Lauren?"

"If you're going to stat talking about being between your legs, I'm going to start telling you what I'd be doing if I were there, and it wouldn't be lying still"

"What would it be?" I asked, unable to resist drawing out her naughty mouth.

"Wait, I would be lying still, now that I think about it" she said, quickly correcting herself.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really. Because I'm tired, but I'm never too tired to eat you. I'd just need you to ride my face" she said. Hot tingles roared down my body at the memory of the ways she'd buried her face between my legs. On the chaise longue in my bar after closing time the night we met, in the town car when I'd arrived in California for our weekend together, and tied up on her bed, my ass in the air. Heat flooded my centre, and I was going to need to change my panties before I went back out to work if this kept up.

"But maybe I want to do things to you" I said, taking the reins so I didn't turn into a puddle of molten heat.

"All right. Have at me. What do you want to do to me?"

My ears tuned into the noise from beyond the door. It sounded like more customers had just come in. I'd need to get back out there soon.

"Besides rub your shoulders and run my fingers through your hair?"

"Yes. Besides that"

"My favourite thing" I said in a sexy whisper, closing my eyes and picturing exactly what I wanted to do to her.

"What's your favourite thing, Camila? Tell me. I want to hear you say it"

"Tasting you"

She groaned, and I was sure her hand was already on her cock.

"Taking you in my mouth. Doing all sorts of things to you with my lips and tongue"

"What sort of things?"

"Taking you in deep the way you like. Licking you all over. Using my hands everywhere on you"

"Everywhere?" she asked, and I could practically see her arching an eyebrow.

"Everywhere you'd want me to" I said, and soon her breathing intensified, "Are you touching yourself?"

"You leave me no choice when you talk about sucking me. I love those sexy lips of yours wrapped around my dick"

"And you love using your hands on me too while you're in my mouth. Grabbing my hair, pushing your fingers through it, pulling me closer to you"

"Making sure you take me hard" she growled.

"Of course. I want to make sure I rock your world with my mouth"

She drew a sharp breath, and I could tell she was getting close, "You do, Camila. You do"

"I can almost taste you right now" I said in a hot whisper, wanting to bring her there.

"You should be able to any second now" she said, breathing out hard, and groaning loudly.

I grinned widely, thrilled that I'd gotten her off like this, "You taste so fucking good" I said.

She sighed deeply, the sound of a contented woman. I loved that I'd found a way to satisfy her even from this kind of distance, "Your turn" she said in that deep, sexy voice that sent sparks through me.

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me, "I need to get back to work. It's getting busy"

"Next time then. Because I want to hear you let go" she said, and a hot wave rolled through me as I pictured our nights on the phone, and how she drew out my cries of pleasure, "I love how you let go when you touch yourself"

"Why would I do anything else?"

"I want you to let go with me"

"I do, Lauren. I've never held back"

"I don't mean sex. I mean other ways. I want you to be as free with me in other ways as you are when you're naked"

"I want that too. I swear I do" I said, and I was sure my neediness was coming through loud and clear. But I needed her to know, "I miss you"

"Yeah?" she asked, sounding doubtful.

"So much. I wish you were here with me"

She sighed heavily, "I wish I could be" she said, but it didn't sound as if she were wishing she could be here right now so she could touch me. More like she was wishing she would allow herself to be close to me again. Because in spite of all our late-night chats, and all the things we shared, there was a distance between us more palpable than the miles. I'd been getting to know her better, and yet, I had never felt farther away from her than I did now, "I have to go" she said, and now it was possible to feel even more distant.

When our call ended, I knew it couldn't go on much longer like this; this in-between state was wonderful and thoroughly unsatisfying at the same time.