19. Camila

When Lauren turned to me, she was breathing hard and blood streaked from her temple down her cheek.

......

She flinched ad I dabbed at the cut with a wet towel.

"It's okay" I said softly.

"I know" she muttered, rubbing the back of her head where she'd hit the building.

Kneeling between her legs, I gently cleaned the blood as she sat in my bathroom, "Does it hurt?"

"No"

I shot her a doubtful look, "Not even a little?"

"Not even a little" she said, but the expression on her face told me otherwise when I wiped off the last drop of blood. I reached for the Neosporin, applied some to the cut, and then opened a Band-Aid, pressing it gently along her temple.

"There" I said, "You look totally rugged now"

She managed a small laugh as I rose, dusting her other cheek with a kiss. Handing her two Advil and a glass of water, I said, "For your head"

She swallowed the pills and gave me the cup. I set it down on the sink, "Now let's get you out of your clothes and you can rest"

"I'm not resting" she said, rolling her eyes at me.

"You need your rest"

"It's only a cut. I've been cut worse at my gym" she said, and I knew she was trying hard to be the big, tough woman. I was having none of that. She'd gone to the mats for me, and I was going to take care of her until she was no longer bloodied and bruised, and even then some. 

"I don't care" I said, parking my hands on my hips and giving her a sharp stare. Then I bent forward and began unbuttoning her shirt.

"You're not taking off my shirt to go make me lie down in bed" she said roughly, trying to swat my hand away. I grabbed at her hands and stilled her moves.

"Oh yes I am" I said sternly, "Watch me"

I worked my way down her shirt, unbuttoning the fabric, spreading it open and gently taking it off, trailing my fingertips along her chest as I did. She moaned low and husky as I touched her, "Don't get any ideas, Miss"

"It wasn't a funny idea. More like a dirty one" she said with a sly grin.

I reached for her hand, "Come on. Bed. Now"

"Bed for other things" she said, but she let me lead her out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. I unbuttoned and unzipped her pants, then she stepped out of them. After laying the clothes neatly on a chair, I turned around to find her already in my bed, boxer briefs on the floor. 

"You're fast"

"Zero to undressed in no time" she said in a tired voice.

"We'll add that to your skillset"

"Come here" she whispered, resting on her side under the sheets, "Let me unzip you"

I moved to her, perching on the edge of the bed. She reached her hands up the back of my dress, those same hands that had defended me and protected me, and gently lowered the zipper on my dress, her knuckles softly grazing  y spine as the dress fell to my waist. I shifted my body so I could watch her. She smiled faintly as she unhooked my strapless bra. I stood and turned to face her, sensing she needed to show she could take care of me, even when she was the one hurting. I placed her hands on my hips, guiding them to slide the dress down my legs. Off came the shoes then I curled up next to her in bed.

"Thank you" I said, gently tracing her other cheek with my i=finger, "For doing that"

"Camila" she said, pulling me in close, "I can't believe that's what you've been dealing with"