38. Camila

"Everything is perfect. Or it's going to be after I see you. I'm on my way over"

......

My back was smashed against the Q*bert machine, and my hands were raised in front of my face. Dinah had landed another punch to the ribs, then one on my shoulders. And now, it was coming: the noogie. My best friend grabbed my hair and dug her knuckles into my head.

"Don't ever, ever, ever do that again!"

"Okay, okay, okay" I said, relenting for the twentieth time,

Dinah backed off, huffing, "I would have helped you" she said, her eyes on fire with frustration, "I would have given you the freaking money like that" She snapped her fingers in emphasis, "That's why you deserve to be beaten up. You're supposed to let your best friend to help you"

"I know, Dinah. Trust me, I know" I said, placing my hand on my heart, "But I had to keep you safe. Don't you get it? I love you and I love Normani, and I'd do anything to protect your happiness"

"Including not telling me a frigging mobster had a price tag on your head and was waving guns in your face"

I lifted my shoulders casually, "Technically, the gun was never waved at me"

Dinah pushed her hands roughly through her blonde hair, "I'm soooo mad at you. I love you so much, and if anything had happened to you and I could have solved the problem, I would have died. Do you know that? Died! Like this" Dinah said, then flopped down on the floor, and played dead for effect. Ms. Pac-Man trotted over and licked Dinah's face.

She craned her neck up at me, "See? Do you feel bad now? I would have been dead without you, and my dog would be sad"

I kneeled down and offered a hand, pulling Dinah to a sitting position. Dinah flung her arms around my neck. She'd always been prone to theatrics. "Promise me" my best friend said, "that if you ever get in a pickle with a mob again you will come to me right away, and I will pay whatever you need"

I laughed, but nodded into my sister's hair, "Promise"

"Pinkie swear?"

"Pinkie swear" I said as we twisted our little fingers together, "But, um, that's not actually why I came here"

Dinah rolled her eyes, "I know. You need my special touch, and I know just how to pull this off. But I'm paying for it, and there are of ifs, ands, or buts about it"

"Fine. But only because you want to"

"And we're going to need Normani's help"

"Somebody call my name?" Normani asked, walking bleary-eyed down the hall, wearing only her lounge pants.

"Did you actually wake up when I said your name?" Dinah asked.

"No" she said, rubbing her hand against her eyes, "I'm pretty sure it was 'Don't ever do that again' screeching that rousted me this early in the morning"

"We need your help"

"Is this another crazy scheme of yours, Dinah?" she asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes, but it's in the name of love, and isn't love worth everything?"

Normani looped her arms around her wife and planted a kiss on her cheek. She leaned into it and smiled I didn't feel jealous. Not one bit. I had that in my life. Waiting for me on the other side of the country, "Of course" she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yall im backkk!!!!!

this is only a short chapter but there are more cominggg