Epilogue

That's where always I wanted her.

......

Camila's POV:

Two months later

"What can I get for you?"

The pair of young women in slouchy tops revealing bare shoulders had parked themselves in the burgundy bar stools at Speakeasy, where I was now a part-owner. They perused the cocktail menu, and then the blonde one lifted her face to me, the look in her eyes full of excitement, "Can you make the Purple Snow Globe? We heard this is the only bar where we can get it made fresh" she said, emphasising the last work like it was made of sweet sugar, "I served some at a party last week from the store and everyone loved it, but we wanted to try the real thing"

"And I will be delighted to make it for you. But I should let you know, this isn't the only bar. There's a little place in Miami called Cubic Z that also makes Purple Snow Globes, so if you ever find yourself out south, you know where to go" I said and started mixing.

"Our friends are going to be so jealous. Everyone is loving this drink" the woman said.

"I'm thrilled to hear that"

After I set down the drinks, I headed to the back of the bar to retrieve more napkins. Along the way, my phone buzzed in my pocket, so I grabbed it. There was a text from Ally.

How's business? Booming as always, like it is here?

I tapped out an answer. Always. I dropped my phone back into my pocket, glad that Troy had taken over behind the bar for me. I still owned a stake in Cubic Z, but Troy had needed a job, and my move had given him the perfect chance to help his wife while she was busy with the new born. Austin hadn't been heard from, and while Lauren and I had toyed with spreading a nasty rumour on Yelp about Austin's chicken, we'd decided not to. Austin was a man not to be messed with, so we'd chosen to leave him and his chicken in the past. But I couldn't deny I was pleased when my best friend forwarded along a few new online reviews for the restaurant that noted it was less popular at lunch these days. Seemed that Austin had lost a good portion of his venture capitol patrons at the restaurant. Arthur with the laughing tell might have been kicked out of the poker circuit, but had managed the last word after all, telling his friends to find a new hunt for their Pizza and Chips, hitting Austin where it hurt him most.

As for my apartment, Dinah had packed everything for me, deciding what needed to stay and what needed to go. I trusted my best friend completely with that choice, especially when the boxes had arrived with only my favourite items in them. I didn't need my fluffy towels, though. Because Lauren and I had brought new ones, with some of the $100,00 I'd won at the poker game, along with a bench, some softer pillows, and a new set of scarves. We'd considered ropes but we'd always been more DIY when it came to restraints, opting for belts, ties, panties, and whatever was on hand, and that was likely to continue. 

I pictured returning home tonight after my shift behind the bar. I'd find her naked in bed, sound asleep on her stomach, her strong back on display with the sheets ow around her hips. The lights would be dim, the only sound the faint rhythm of her sleeping breath. I'd strip down to nothing, and run my hands along her skin. She'd groan lightly, roll over and pull me on top of her, and we'd have slow, sleepy, middle-of-the-night sex.

The image was burned in my brain as I returned to the bar to serve a new customer. A woman in a suit had just sat down. Then I realised that woman was my woman. My woman in a suit, and by God, did she ever look sexy as hell in it. Maybe it was the little bit of cuff showing, or the cufflinks, or the purple tie she wore.

I rested my elbows on the bar and flashed her a smile, "What can I get for you there; wearing your lucky tie?"

She ran her fingers down the fabric and raised an eyebrow, "You noticed my lucky tie"

"I always notice what you're wearing" I said in a whisper, my words just for her, "Are you thinking you're getting lucky tonight?"

"I'm a lucky woman ever night because I have you"

"Flattery will get you everywhere. But you still have to pay for your drink" I said and poured her standard scotch, placing it in front of her. She took a long swallow, then reached for my hand, threading my fingers through hers.

"Hey, gorgeous" she said softly

"Hey, handsome"

"What do you think about going to Vegas this weekend?"

"So we can see your brother's show, then play a little blackjack?"

"For starters" she said, and there was a twinkle in her green eyes.

A ribbon of possibility unfurled me, "Are you going to ask me a big question in Vegas?"

She laughed, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I would like to know" I said, as the corners of my lips curved up.

"But I love surprises, Camila. So I guess you'll have to wait and see if I ask a question, or if I'm taking you to Vegas with more serious intentions"

Serious intentions. . . if she was talking about eloping I was all in. I clasped her hand tighter, "So I won't know until you take me to Vegas?"

She shrugged playfully, "Maybe, maybe not. But I promise you this much. We'll have an excellent time"

"I always do"

"I do too"

"You practising saying those words for any certain reason?" I asked, teasing her.

"Why? Do you like hearing them?" she shot back, the devilish twinkle in her eyes reminding me why I found new ways to fall in love with her every day. This was today's.

"I do, Lauren. I do"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GUYS!!! i finally wrote the last chapter.....

i feel so bad for taking this long to update to then only update with one chapter... whoopsies.

i want to add that there WILL be a third book... but i wont be starting to write it until around june/july 2022 so be prepared for that rollercoaster of a journey.

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!