Chapter 14: Shopping

As we enter the mall I see there are a bunch of people out today.

"Let's find you some textbooks and other things you may need for school" Enzo says as he takes my hand in his. It takes me by surprise but makes me smile, feeling a bit loved which I feel that I highly need after parting with my 'fake' family.

I really miss them and not having them around is making me feel lonely and empty inside. I squeeze his hand making him chuckle lightly while going to a store for my school supplies.

We end up buying some pencils, notebooks, a ruler and a calculator among other things.

"Oh right I don't have any money with me" I say, more to myself as I realise my wallet is at home along with everything else.

"You're joking right? If you didn't notice by the cars and the property we are quite rich" Enzo says as he looks at me confused with a raised brow.

"Yes but these things are for me and I don't know if I can accept you pay-" He cuts me off by placing his big hand on my head.

"You're a part of this family now and as your big brother I, and the others will ensure you have everything you may need. So don't worry we'll all take care of you now" He says which i nod in response.

After my school supplies had been bought we made our way to the apple store to buy a brand new phone, airpods and an ipad. Trust me it wasn't my idea.

I don't care if they're rich, money is still money and I haven't even known these people for long. 'Maybe he pays for everything so that I will be indebted to him' I think as my fathers words echoes in my head of people having ulterior motives.

I shake off the thought, knowing I can't do anything about it anyways. We then went to some clothing stores to buy some more clothes that I may need which, I didn't enjoy as I don't like shopping for clothes. Lastly we went to a shoe store for some shoes.

"Ariana, why are you immediately going to the sales section? Come look over here instead" I hear Enzo say, a bit confused by my action. "Right, sorry old habit" I say running towards him.

------------------------------------------

'What are you doing Aria? go to the sales section, there is no way that i'm buying you expensive shoes. Do you think I'm sitting on a chest of gold or something? Do you even need new shoes? I think the ones you're wearing right now are fine, my mother says as we're walking around trying to find the cheapest shoes there are. 'Mom, I've already used these shoes for 4 years and they're totally ripped apart and too small now' I say

------------------------------------------

After buying 3 pairs of expensive shoes that were not even on sale I decide it's more than enough as Enzo keeps asking if I'm sure I wouldn't want another pair.

Never in my life have I even owned 2 pairs of shoes at the same time so 3 pairs is a lot for me. I sigh, placing a hand on my stomach feeling it growl in hunger as I haven't eaten since breakfast which was hours ago. Enzo seems to notice as looks down at me with a smile.

"Hungry eh? watcha wanna eat princess?" He asks as I blush at the princess part. No one called me that before making it feel a bit unusual but I kind of enjoyed the attention even if I didn't admit it.

"We don't have to stop to eat because of me, but anything will do" I say looking away not wanting to be a burden which I absolutely hate being.

"Hey don't worry about it, I'm actually getting kind of hungry myself" He says, making me feel at ease.

"Let's stop and eat something at that cafe over there" Enzo says as he points in the direction of the cafe. We both get selected as he orders a coffee and waffles for himself and a chicken sandwich for me.

As we sit across from each other I feel grateful for the lovely time I'm having with my brother. I was really nervous about not getting along with any of them but at least I have a good chance of forming a relationship with Enzo.

I smile to myself, making Enzo raise a brow at me.