chapter two

chapter two
halo-halo!

──today's friday was peaceful and quiet. (y/n) is waiting for maki outside her house and she does sure take her sweet time. "good morning," she grumpily greeted, stomping her way to (y/n)'s side. "good morning maki. what's wrong? why are you so grumpy?" the (h/c) haired asked, maki huffed before pointing at the door.

and as if on cue, a red-haired girl came out of the door. "ahh... okay," (y/n) hummed watching as maki rolled her eyes at the redhead. "i hope you don't mind me walking with you (l/n)-san." okira metsuha spoke nodding her head as an acknowledgment to the (h/c) haired girl.

"i don't mind," (y/n) replied with a smile, "I DO!" maki complained before walking off to school. "what happened?" (y/n) questioned walking side by side with metsuha

"she forgot to do her homework and demanded my homework so that she could copy it, i said no," she explained her brows furrowing at the memory.

"typical maki," (y/n) giggled, silence soon followed after she said that. metsuha and (y/n) aren't that close so things are still awkward between them, but the two are trying.

After ten minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the school gates. "oh, I'll go now. goodbye (l/n)-san have a nice day!" metsuha waved as she rushed to her friend's side.

(y/n) waved at her before entering the school premises with maki. "finally, she's gone!" the black-haired girl sighed in relief, glad that her sister is now with her friends. "did you reviewed for our test today?" (y/n) questioned maki suddenly stopped cold sweat dripping down her forehead.

the (h/c) haired girl massaged her temples waiting for her friend to complain. "why didn't you tell me!" she whined while she hugged (y/n)'s arm, "don't worry, you're smart you can do this!" (y/n) said with great determination to cheer up her friend.

"alright! I'm pretty lucky when guessing what's the answer," she boasted a proud smirk plastered on her face, (y/n) hummed- forcing herself to agree since she doesn't want to deal with her emo mode in the morning.

"let's do our best!"

◤◪◥

"what happened?" naya asked the (h/c) haired girl whilst looking at her gloomy raven-haired friend. "she failed on her test." (y/n) said looking at naya who replied with an 'oh'.

you see maki was so confident when guessing the answers, she only got twenty-seven over fifty. which resulted in her sitting under the table and sulking, contemplating if she'll go home or not.

naya kneeled so she can see maki. "don't worry maki, your score is just a number! just study hard next time maybe you can perfect all your tests," naya motivated the sulking girl, (y/n) hummed in agreement.

(y/n) got down on her knees and spoke. "my mom is making halo-halo, do you guys want to drop by?" she asked, and by mentioning halo-halo the two perked up nodding vigorously.

halo-halo is the ultimate summertime treat. It is a layered dessert consisting of sweetened beans, fruits, shaved ice drizzled with evaporated milk, and ice cream. 

"alright, let's go!" (y/n) grinned grabbing their wrist and pulling them up. "thank you (y/n)!" the two hugged (y/n)'s sides making her laugh.

"you're welcome,"

the three girls are now walking on the sidewalk, talking and laughing at each other before they arrived at the (l/n) residence. "I'm the luckiest person in the world!" maki grinned with her eyes closed, not paying attention to her surroundings and she tripped on a rock.