Chapter 5 :: tattoos

I wake up the next day and everyone is talking. I sit up and everyones eyes turn to me. 

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I turn to look at Liz.

"We heard about last night," she sighs.

I roll my eyes and get out of bed and take a shower. The warm water hitting my back was peaceful and relaxing. After that I brushed my hair and put it up in a ponytail. When I was done, everyone made their way to the dining hall.

"You okay, Alex?" Heidi asks me. I nod, not really in the mood to talk about it. 

Four is just.. staring at me. I look back at him and he turns the other way, I notice four lines on his neck, he has a tattoo, too? I found out that everyone here has a tattoo. 

"James, Liz, we're getting tattoos," I announce and take a bite of my muffin.

"What?" James asks. Almost choking on his water.

"We're getting tattoos. Today," I smile. The both nod. I'm getting a tattoo. 

"Can I come?" Eddie asks. We all look at each other before nodding. 

"Let's do it after breakfast."

Every month we all get points to spend, so I'm going to use some of those for a tattoo. 

We all finish breakfast and go to the closest tattoo parlor. We enter and it's dark except for a few black lights. 

A huge smile spreads across my face. I walk over to this girl with short black hair with blue ends. 

I think about what I want for a bit, but I decide on a compass on the back of my neck, and the words 'not all those who wonder are lost' wrapped around my left wrist. After I look at it, I'm satisfied and wait for James, Eddie, and Liz finish up.

Liz got a tattoo on her hip and it looks like her skin was ripped, but it was just the tattoo.

Eddie got his and his family's initials.

And James got fancy design on his lower back. He used to draw that design all the time when he was a kid, and it shows that he's invincible. 

After that, Liz and I decide we want to dye our hair. I'm dying it ombré and Liz is getting a lavender streak. The boys were there, but they didn't get anything.

We went back to the dining hall, because that's where we presumed everyone would be. We were correct.

"Okay, Dauntless-born and initiates, listen up," Eric yells, "tonight we'll be playing capture the flag, we're leaving in five minutes." 

Everyone seems excited for this, but I don't know what to expect. 

Guess I'll just have to wait to find out.