one

be sure to vote and comment!

august | @ augusttweets
MUCK STREAM RIGHT NOW! @ corpse_husband is going to show me the game he won't shut up abt:)
twitch.tv/ auguststreams

the relaxing waiting screen animation played as 'agoraphobic' serenaded all of the viewers joining the stream.

if you could see inside of the room of the twitch streamer, you would see a girl bouncing in her chair to hype herself up to face the growing audience that was already at 65,000 viewers. august always aimed to provide her audience two streams a week, and even though this was a regular occurrence, she always had her 'pregame' hype session so she was putting forward her most energetic self.

"hellooooo?" she called as the song winded down and ended. "hello lovelies."

her eyes scanned over the chat. it was filled with all capitalized hello's and plenty of 'CORPSE'.

"i'll wait on a few more people to join before we hop in the call with corpse and start the game. how are my people doing? are you guys good?"

she quickly read over the thousands of messages all being sent at once. it may have seemed a bit silly, but she did see her viewers as friends in a way. she was pretty anti social outside of the people she played video games with online.

"okay, let's go ahead and get corpse in here."

"what's up, august?" the low voice called out as she undeafened her discord.

"hey baby," she responded, smiling as she always did when she heard her friends voice.

august was always quick to call her friends by endearing names, even if she just met them. she was often called the mom of the group after her friends caught on that she was always calling them
baby, or honey, or sweet thang. she blames it on a mix of her words of affirmation love language and her southern upbringing.

living just outside of dallas, august got a good mix of city life while her family always had her staying connected to their extended families country lifestyle. she was the only child with protective parents, which explains why they never allowed her to have a webcam on her computer. even when she had her mom help her set up her first minecraft account when she was 12, her mother made her come up with a fake name to help protect her identity. they both thought long and hard on what her name should be. she wanted it to be perfect. after looking through every book and toy in her room, she found her wall calendar. august was always her favorite month, because it held a lot of her favorites. it was her birth month, the month she got her dog(neptune), her parents' anniversary month. to a 12 year old, that made a pretty momentous month. so, hence the name, august.

those two things that her mother instilled in her stayed true as she eventually made a 5 minute, unedited youtube video of her giving a minecraft house tour when she was 15, to her now having a large following over several social media platforms. she still never showed her face and she still only went by august.

"i know you said this game isn't minecraft, but it's kind of looking like minecraft." august admitted as she cut down another tree in game.

"just you wait."

august was eating her words five minutes later as she let out a scream from being attacked.

"what is this? can we sleep off the night?" august panicked as she hit the monster with the wood since she had not made a weapon yet.

"no, because it's not minecraft," corpse laughed. "i'll come save you."

his words were a bit too late, as the monster got the final hit and her items scattered everywhere. she groaned as she leaned back to take in some of the chat, waiting on corpse to revive her. while she was hoping to read a variety of comments, every single one just said "L".

the internet-loved duo played for about two hours before august decided that she was content with their 12 day streak in game and was ready to be done for the night.

"thank you everyone for joining, thanks for all of the donos and subs. you guys are the best. thank you corpse. even though it was rage enduring, i had lots of fun. are you gonna stream?" august asked.

"no i don't think so, go ahead and raid someone." he said before letting out his own tired yawn.

"hm, let's see," she said as she scrolled through the trending page on twitch.

she scrolled past too many faces and names she didn't know. and almost like it physically reached out of her screen and grabbed her attention, she saw a name she knew in her scrolling: sapnap. she glanced at her chat and noticed some viewers had already asked for her to raid him. she panicked, wondering if the viewers would think something if she didn't raid him.

and then her saving grace appeared as her friend tina's twitter notification went off, letting her know she was going live.

"tina is live! i'll send you guys to tina. i'll see you all later this week, love you all! byeee!"

as soon as the stream ended, she dropped her head into her crossed arms on her desk and let out a huge sigh.

"what's wrong?" corpse asked, still on call.

"he was like the only person live again and i panicked. i saw someone on twitter the other day ask why i never raid him because he is always on when i end." her voice was coated in exhaustion.

"august, you never dated. it's not that big of a deal. you don't owe him anything. its okay."

"i know." she said, but she didn't really.

she didn't know how to explain that her thoughts became consumed by him any time she saw something about him. she didn't know how to explain that she didn't know if she wanted him to text her or completely disappear.