twenty six

"august. augusttt, wake up. psst. wake up."

hadden opened her eyes to tina sitting right above her.

"what time is it?" she grumbled as she rolled over to sit up.

"you have like an hour and a half until our meet and greet. but first, why did you not tell me you and sap were a thing? i called corpse and he knew but i didn't?" she pretended to be offended but it was clear she wasn't really.

"we aren't a thing." she picked up the glass of water on the bedside table before chugging it.

"sure. that explains why you were all over him at the party last night, kissed him, and then left with him. by the way i'm borrowing this shirt today." tina lifted up one of the sweaters from hadden's bag.

"was i that obvious last night?" hadden was clearly embarrassed.

"i mean the dancing and being on top of him was pretty hard to miss but i don't think anyone else really saw the kiss and leaving together besides me and karl because we were watching you guys. and just so you know, i think its super cute."

"shut up." hadden rolled her eyes before tearing through her suitcase to choose one of the many wardrobe options she packed.

august | @ augusttweets
i get to meet some of you today? thats dope!

hadden, tina, and sylvee all arrived to the convention center at the same time, making their way to one of the creator lounges where there was catering and couches to hang out at before the meet and greets start

when they entered, she instantly spotted dream, george, and nick and felt embarrassment rush through her body and turn her face hot. she quickly went over to the catering table to make herself busy.

"hi august," the sudden greeting made hadden jump. "oh, i didn't mean to scare you."

"no, you're okay. hi karl. are you doing a meet and greet?" hadden said trying to make conversation.

"yeah! me, george, and sapnap are. i think we are right next to your meet and greet."

"okay everyone we are ready to get started!" a man with a clipboard shouted.

"well i'll see you out there then." hadden gave a soft smile and quickly grabbed a water bottle before heading back over to sylvee and tina.

everyone all walked together out of the lounge and walked in a group until they were individually told which booth was theirs. all that was separating hadden from thousands of fans was the small photo backdrop and a curtain she was instructed to walk through.

she followed tina's lead as they walked through the curtain and were met with immeasurable screams of enthusiasm and excitement. hadden waved as big as she could and tried to take in this incredible moment.

"augy?" hadden turned to meet the yelling voice to her right and saw nick waving her over.

he raised a hand to bring her close so he could whisper something and she instantly felt every camera point their way.

"we're good. let's talk after this." he pulled away from his whisper with such a genuine and soft smile.

she mouthed the words 'okay' before the first fan in line was ready to begin the lengthy hours long meet and greet.

hadden never thought she would get to experience something like this. she assumed she would always be faceless and would have to sit and watch in envy as other creators got moments like this.

she had so much gratitude for every kind word that was said and every gift that was given to her. she received so many letters, a few bracelets and necklaces, fan art, and even a plushy figure of her minecraft skin. one of the most impressive things she received was a hand drawn picture of her face reveal.

she signed so many autographs that her hand was cramping and took so many pictures that she was forgetting how to smile.

but sylvee and tina made it so much more enjoyable. it was a moment she was happy to share with her friends. she even enjoyed having nick, george, and karl right next to them. george couldn't stay in his own line and kept coming over to the girls to jump in pictures.

sadly, due to time limitations, they could not get to everyone in line. they offered many apologies and said they would be around the rest of the weekend for anyone to come and say hi and take a photo if they saw them.

in the rush of all of the creators exiting their curtains and making their way back to the lounge for instructions on what to do and where to go next, hadden felt a tug on her arm. she turned around to see nick nodding over to the side, to which she followed him out of the way.

"i know we can talk more later but i wanted to tell you i've been thinking a lot about last night and i'd really like to take you on a date, if that's alright with you?" he quickly blurted out.

"um, yeah. yeah totally. thats okay with me- yes." hadden stumbled on her words as she was taken off guard.

"okay sweet." he squeezed her hand before they both fell back into line and followed everyone else to their destination.