The Unexpected

"Emma." I hear a familiar voice softly calling me out of my sleep. I heard it a few more times before I finally opened my eyes.

Stephan was looking at me with his hair all bed crazy, I'm pretty sure mine was no different. He smiled at me and pushed some of it out of my face.

Even when his face is relaxed he still gives me an intense look that gets me every time.

"Morning."  Stephan was actually smiling at me even though it was small, it was still there and it was contagious as well.

"Good morning." I smiled back at him and snuggled in closer.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me while caressing my cheek. I felt my cheeks get hot at his question he just hit me with and he seemed to feel it too.

"It-I, yea it felt good." I felt even more embarrassed as I spit those words out. I'm a 23 year old woman who doesn't know a darn thing about dirty talk.

"You're cute when you're all flustered." His ran his hand through my hair and pulled me into a kiss. I snuggled into his chest and began to doze off again.

"Not so fast, we have a big day ahead of us." He told me in an attempt to get me up. When that didn't work he took his fingers and began to attack my sides.

I couldn't contain my laugh as I tried to get out from his grasp. I managed to sneak attack his side and I rolled off on the floor to escape.

"That got you up." He picked at me and stood up himself. He then did a big stretch and let out a loud yawn.

His muscles flexed as he moved and I couldn't take
my eyes away as I watched his shirt slowly rise up his stomach.

That was until he averted his eyes towards me of course. I tried to play it off but I'm sure he had already caught me, just chose not to say anything.

He let me take his hand and he lifted me up from off of the floor. His lips met the top of my forehead and he planted a soft kiss there.

"Amore mio, let me give you a word of advice." He told me. I nodded my head allowing him to continue.

"We can't let our emotions get the best of us today, that would be our biggest downfall. Remember we are sticking to the plan at all costs."

________________________________________

We had a room full of men and bags loaded with weapons. We were finally ready to roll out and we were prepared.

Prepared for the worse case scenario with our two backup plans just in case our plan A doesn't work.

I'm not sure why but even though the life that I had lived back when I was 16 and growing up wasn't what I wanted, I've always wanted just a 'normal' life.

Now that I'm jumping back in to it all, I couldn't be more happier. I'd kill to have the feeling of truly fighting for something that forces you to give your all.

A feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins, situations that keep you on your toes. I wouldn't enjoy it so much if I wasn't good at it.

You could blame it on the genes but I'm pretty damn good at what I do. Even though the lifestyle that was put on me wasn't optional, I held my own every time.