20| the contract

"So Kane tell me why can't you marry my daughter?" That was the first time Austin had said the moment he entered

Though Kane has gotten the restraining order weeks ago, for some reason Austin decided to make an appearance now.

Weird, he thought.

"I don't want to marry your daughter just for the sake for your benefit" Kane responded back calm and collected, one of his best traits that he has.

Kane honestly had one thing in his mind- Leah and her words. He was over the moon when he heard Leah said that. 

At first he thought he was hallucinating but when Leah scooted closer to him, demanding a cuddle, he knew it was real.

Plus, Leah woke up looking happy and said 'I love you' again after brushing her teeth of course. We don't have smelly breath here.

"Kane!" Austin's voice brought him back to reality.

"You will marry my daughter one way or another. Remember the contract" Austin said smirking, walking out of the office.

As Leah was about to knock on his door, Austin had walked smirking to himself. She wondered what all of this was about.

"Hi Kane. Are you alright?" Leah asked in her usual tone which calmed Kane down a lot.

"Not really. Austin's being a pain in the ass. He wants me to marry Jessica. I refused but the stupid contract" Kane ranted his frustration to Leah who listened attentively.

Also, she gave him a small massage, trying to make him feel more relaxed and not act irrationally.

"Want me to take a look at the contract?" Leah proposed.

Seeing that it wouldn't hurt, he pulled out the contract and handed it over to her.

"Continue" Kane pouted. Leah knew what he was referring to- the head massage.

"Honey I need to read the contract. I'll give you the head massage at home later okay?" Leah promised.

Kane did pick up the word 'home' which made him smile. At least she was getting used to staying with him.

"Alright let's see" Leah muttered, getting comfortable on the seat opposite Kane. She didn't want to exactly sit on his lap. She just found that a little weird.

Flipping through the contract, Leah analyzed every single detail in it, trying to see if there's anything that can be used against him.

But before she did that, Kane had roughly explained their problems to her. Maybe a new persons can help find a loophole.

At least, Kane would not have to marry Jessica.

Once he finished, she began looking through.

Leah was not planning on missing any detail.