26| relax and unwind

"What's the lead" Leah said as she put the phone on speaker, nudging Kane to listen

"From the cctv footages you provided plus the interrogation of the nearby shop, we can confirm there were three females.

We also managed to trace the car plate to a man by the name of Bernard Henry Jones" Leah's breath hitched at the sound of the name.

Kane didn't know why she froze at the name but he didn't want to probe and instead listen.

"We are now on the look out for the three female suspects. We trawled all the cctv near the vicinity and found the identity of the three woman.

Jessica Jane Warts. Bianca Jillian Hayes. Hannah Marie Keys. Any of these names ring a bell?" The officer probed. "Or Bernard's?"

Taking a shaky breath, she responded, "Yup, I know them. I know them all"

After her response, they ended the call and told her that there might be a need for her to come to the station for identification.

She agreed, not that she could do anything else to help herself.

"Go to sleep baby. We'll talk tomorrow okay?" Kane said as he gave her a goodnight kiss.

When he said that, despite her nodding, she was already half asleep, already in dream land.

•••

"First, you have to use pork belly with skin and cut it into small stripes like so. Give it a try" Liam instructed Kane who nodded as he was handed over the knife. 

If you couldn't already tell, as planned a few days ago, Liam was going to teach him how to make one of Leah's favorite dish.

Leah and her mother were at the police station as she was called in to help out in the investigations.

Kane faked that he had some work to do but in fact he was just here making food for dinner later.

As such, Kayley accompanied her. He wanted to lift her spirits up as he could tell that she was feeling down despite not acting like so.

"That's enough pieces. Next we got to fry some onion and make shallots. Cut the onions into small pieces and add a generous amount of oil onto the pan" Liam instructed.

While Kane was doing that, Liam added on, "At this point, boil some eggs to make hard boiled eggs" Liam told him, adding four eggs into a pot to boil.

"Next, you wanna drain the shallots with a sieve. Keep the oil and you can make a bunch of food. Then, fry the pork and cut up some garlic" He resumed his lesson.

Liam decided not to go too fast, afraid Kane wouldn't be able to catch up. While he was cutting the ingredients up, he also jotted down roughly the way to do it Liam's style.