24| break-in

The next day, despite Leah's limited sleep, she woke excited and better than ever

She was going to bring her parents around, plus show them the store. It was going to be a bonding day for them.

Leah had no means of asking Kane to join. She didn't want to force him to tag along. He probably had other things to do. It was Thursday, a work day, after all.

Getting ready quietly, careful not to wake Kane up, she brushed her teeth and did her skincare. Though it was tedious, her efforts did pay off.

Her skin was pretty good, with little to no blemishes on it. That was one thing she was proud of.

After that, she proceeded to choose her clothes for today. Leah knew that they would roam around and so dresses and skirts were out of the choices.

So she chose to wear shorts. Of course, paring it with a black colored top and a belt. She also tied a braid.  

Once she was satisfied, she left the bathroom and went into the kitchen to whip up a Taiwanese breakfast, or at least tried to when she realized she didn't even have any ingredients for that

Jotting down on the notes app, she then decided to buy some food from McDonald's. As she was about to leave to buy food, Kane called her.

"Where you gonna go baby" He hugged her from behind, still half asleep. Leah smiled at Kane's bed hair and pouty lips. He clearly wasn't fond of a pillow as his companion.

"I'm gonna buy breakfast for you and my parents" Leah said. As much as Leah wanted to stay in his arms, she knew that she had to leave now before her parents were going to wake up.

"You can go back to sleep you-" Her words were cut off by a suddenly energetic Kane.

"No! I'll follow you. I'll get ready now. Got to make a good impression on my future in-laws"

Her heart skipped a beat at the words- future in-laws. She didn't even know that marriage was already a thought in his mind.