Ch. 30 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Thirty⊚ Motel California ⊚

Chapter Thirty
Motel California

A school bus rumbles into the parking lot of the Glen Capri motel, doors swinging open and Coach and his Cross Country team disembark. An exhausted Scott and Stiles step out, followed by Allison, Lydia and Wren. "I've seen worse." Scott shrugged and he glanced around making Stiles look at him crazy, "Where have you seen worse?"

A whistle blows and Coach holds up a handful of room keys in front of the gathering students. "Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up- choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves! Which means Martin number two!" Coach said making Wren, who Isaac had his arm around her shoulder, look at him.

"You can't room with Lahey!" He said he said making her lean her head back against Isaac's chest with a groan. Isaac chuckled and kissing the side of Wren's head before following Boyd. Wren stood next to Lydia as they both looked up at the motel with a concerned look. Both of them had a bad feeling about the place.

"Wren, Lydia?" Allison asked looking at them with raised eyebrows, "I don't like this place." Lydia said and Wren nodded in agreement. "I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night." Allison chuckled and Wren took a deep breath. "A lot can happen in one night." Wren mumbled and her and Lydia glanced at each other before reluctantly following Allison.

Dropping the stack of towels onto the front desk, Lydia and Wren leaned across the counter to the desk clerk, an older woman turned toward a TV. "Excuse me? The card on the dresser says we have a non-smoking room, but somehow all our towels reek of nicotine." Lydia said making the lady turn around revealing a permanent tracheostomy tube in her throat, "Sorry about that, sweethearts." She said.

Now trying to look at anything but the Desk Clerk's throat as she grabs the towels, Lydia's eyes dart to the walls, noticing something odd. "What's that? That number?" Lydia asked making Wren follow her gaze at the wall that had a frame with the numbers 198 inside. "It's kind of an inside thing for the motel. My husband insists on keeping it up." The lady said making Wren furrow her brows.

"What do you mean?" She asked, "It's a little bit morbid, to be honest... You sure you want to know?" The lady asked and Lydia nodded. "Tell us." She said and the lady leaned in closer, "We're not gonna make the top of anyone's list when it comes to customer satisfaction..."

"Obviously."

"But we are number one in California when it comes to one disturbing little detail- since opening, more than any other motel in California, we have the most guest suicides." She said making the girl's eyes widen as they glanced at each other, "One hundred and ninety-eight?" Wren asked and the lady smiled.