Ch. 97 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON

Wren's outfit:

Hospital Gown

Chapter Ninety-Seven
Werewolves Of London

Wren stirred awake slightly when she felt someone move a bit of hair out of her face. She looked over to see Peter sitting in the chair next to her hospital bed making her furrow her brows in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and he shrugged as he sat back, "Checking on one of my daughters." He said making her raise her eyebrows. "You actually care?" She asked and he rolled his eyes, "Believe it or not, yes. Especially since one of them is basically human and she was just shot." He said and she hummed.

"Weird." She mumbled before reaching over to grab her journal that was on her nightstand. She pulled out the bookmark she was using before handing it to him, "Where did you get this?" He asked as he took a picture of him and Nora. "It was in the box of Nora's things. From her memoirs it seemed like you actually cared about her so I thought you'd might want that." She said.

He stared at the picture for a moment before sighing and pulling out a set of keys. "What are these for?" She asked when he handed the keys to her, "They're keys to a Shelby One Thousand Cobra. There's only a hundred in the world and I have two... One for you and one for Malia." Peter said and Wren raised her eyebrows and nodded slightly.

"While I appreciate the gift, sports cars aren't really my thing." She said as she handed him back at they, "But thanks for at least attempting to do something fatherly." She said before groaning slightly from the pain in her side. "I'll go get a nurse to give you more pain killer, Little Bird." Peter said as he stood up and started walking away, "Did you know?" Wren asked making him stop at the door and look at her.

"Know what?" He asked, "Did you know that I was in Eichen House? Before you got out?" She asked and he stared at his daughter for a moment. "I didn't... Until I heard you." He said making her furrow her brows slightly, "You heard me?" She asked.

"I don't want to..."

"I don't want to see... I can't do it..."

"In the tunnels. I heard you as I was about to leave." He said and she raised her eyebrows, "Did any part of you want to try to find me?" She asked and he nodded slightly. "I did but then I got taken." He said and she gave him a small smile, "I could really use some pain killers now." She said and he nodded before walking out.

What felt like a couple hours later Wren slowly woke up only to notice that the entire room was frosted over. She glanced around for a moment before slowly getting up and walking out of the room. She walked out into the hall to see the whole hospital was frozen over.

"Wren." Someone said making Wren look over to see Lydia walk out of the room next to her. "Please tell me you see the frozen hospital too." Wren said and Lydia nodded as she took a couple deep breaths as she grabbed Wren's arm.

"Look." Lydia said, pointing at the ground making Wren look down to see part of the frost covered floor was a bit melted with footprints in it. "Come on." Wren said, grabbing her sister's hand that was still wrapped around her arm before pulling her in the direction of the footsteps until they lead to a door.

Wren cautiously and slowly pushed the doors open before leading Lydia into the frozen over morgue. Lydia glanced around while something caught Wren's eye, "I think I might have found what were looking for." Wren mumbled making Lydia follow her line of sight to a single drawer that wasnt frosted over. Actually, it seemed like it was melting all the frost around it as the edges of the door started glowing a red hot orange.

They slowly walked over to it and Lydia pulled it open, letting out a bunch of hot steam.

Wren and Lydia slowly walked through what seemed like an abandoned building. Wren glanced around before seeing a light shining a head of them making her nod towards it and they started walking in the direction to see Scott and Malia.

Wren accidentally bumped into something making it fall over and make a loud noise causing Scott and Malia to spin around. "What are you guys doing here? How did you get here?" Malia asked, "He led us. He wanted us to find it." Lydia said. "Who led you?" Scott asked confused and Wren sighed, "Halwyn." She said.

"Why would a dead Hellhound bring you guys here? Also, isn't he dead?" She asked as they walked through the woods. Scott had given Lydia his jacket while Malia had given Wren her jacket. "It's the connection between a Seer, a Banshee and a Hellhound." She said and Malia raised her eyebrows.

"Dead Hellhound?" Malia asked and Wren nodded, "I guess the connection is stronger than we thought." Wren said and Lydia nodded. "And as for the why, I'm hoping if we find the body, We'll figure that part out." She said. "You know, there's a pile of dead bodies back there." Scott said and Wren sighed softly, "It's a different body." She said and Malia shook her head. "There's not another body out here. I'd smell it." She said and Lydia cocked an eyebrow, "I'm a harbinger of death. Trust me." She said.

A few minutes later they ended up finding the body they were looking for. It's skin completely gone, just a giant slab of meat. "Gross." Wren mumbled as she, Lydia and Malia crouched down next to it. "How is this possible? We saw Parrish kill it." Malia said and Lydia shook her head, "This one's different."

"Yeah. I think they're right. I think this is part of the pack." Scott said making Malia look at him confused, "How do you know?" She asked and he pointing at a marking on the arm. "This is their pack symbol." He said and Lydia made a face, "Its skin is gone..." She said and Wren nodded.

"Wolves have to burn tattoos into their skin to stay permanent. Scott's tattoo is probably scarred into his muscles, too." She said and Scott nodded, "Okay, but why are there two of these bodies?" Malia asked. "Because the  Anuk-ite has two faces." Lydia said and Scott looked up at her and Wren, "That's why Halwyn sent you guys here." He said and Wren sighed and groaned softly, looking over at Lydia.

"He wanted us to find the Anuk-ite's other face."