New life

Anika drove her car into the lavish penthouse she had bought a week ago. Dhruv was asleep in back seat, thanks to the long flight and jet lag. Bechara, it was morning at India when he left and now it's morning in US too. Beside him was Filomena, the caretaker of penthouse.
Parking her Rolls Royce in front of the house, now their home,
Her eyes fell on the name board latched below the door bell.
'Dhruv Villa'.
It's our home. Only mine and Dhruv's.

The investors' fest was on. In the meeting hosted by the Maharashtra government, were top businessmen,investors and financial bureaucrats.
Much to everyone's surprise, or even to the surprise of Tej, Shivaay was present.
This stunned him.
Were things really strained between Shivaay and Anika??
Were the elders so oblivious about it??
How can he even act so normal here??
Chap had his divorce done at yesterday morning and is here for meeting.
Was he already expecting this thing to happen??
"Mr Oberoi," Siddarth Vikram Rana extended his hand for a warm handshake, "Nice to see you,"
"Same here Mr Rana,"
Just then Mallika walked.
"Shivaay, nice meeting you," She greeted, while trying hard to conceal her enthusiasm of asking about his divorce.
Darn Mallika!!
You have to control yourself.
"So, how is life on??" Siddarth began, "How is Om, Rudra, Dadi and all??"
"They are fine," Shivaay replied with a formal smile.
However his eyes, darkened with a momentary hurt,but concealed it quickly.
Mallika could feel the old SSO. The guy she dated. Having Locked feelings to be unlocked with the key of love. Unfortunately,the key holder had left him helpless and had walked away leaving this soul suffering.

"Dhruv," Anika carried him in, "Look at our home,"
"Mama, mujhe neend aa rahi hai," The little one rubbed his eyes and snuggled into his mom.
"Arrey, cute ladka," Filomena said in a Hindi clipped by British accent," How cute is he while sleeping??"
Dhruv chuckled.
"I am just like my dad, Filomena auntie," He said in half drowsy voice making Anika rewind her memories.

Memory 1:
It was morning 8. Shivaay had returned very late that night much to Anika's disappointment. She was in her second trimester and mood swings were just making her go crazy over little things. It was always Shivaay, the scape goat, for her tantrums. Slowly waking up, she had a wonderful sight of Shivaay sleeping. Never had she seen Shivaay sleeping like this, cause being an early bird, he shall wake up much before her. Today, much to her and universe's surprise, Anika was first.
His arm was wrapped around her protectively, while his eyes shut tight. Creases of tension was visible on his forehead, while his mouth was partly open, thank god no drools.
Anika could bet and say that it was only her billuji, who will be this much cute.

"Anika mam," Filomena shook her,making Anika come back to present.
"Yeah Filomena,"
"What shall I cook for breakfast??"
"Aloo poori," Dhruv replied again.
"Naughty cat, you aren't asleep, are you??" Anika tickled him while making way to their bed room.

After the investors' meet, Shivaay was driving back to home along with Tej to his side.
Dead silence prevailed.
I should ask things to Bade Papa.
Come on Shivaay!! You can do this!!
"Bade Papa," Shivaay began,"How was the day??"
"Hmm...well."
"Hmm...I want to...ask something,"
"Sure,"
"Bade Papa, you were talking regarding the new branch of Oberoi Industries at US right??"
Tej nodded.
"And you want Rudra to preside over it??"
Again a nod.
"Bade Papa, I think that it will be better if I am there, Why can't Rudra preside over the Mauritius branch??"
Tej shook his head in dismay.
"No Shivaay, It will be better if Rudy takes over the US branch, he needs raw experience and US venture is an experimental one. If it ends up negative, no losses will be incurred but in case Mauritius, we can't do that,"
The car stopped in front of Oberoi Mansion.
Getting down, the old patriarch of the family looked at the young Scion and uttered,
"One more thing Shivaay, Never mix Personal with Professional,"

"Darn," Shivaay threw the blazer on his bed and sat tired.
Flying from Mauritius to US after a hectic schedule will be so tiring. He needs a whole day rest.
Then how can I spend time with my son??
"Dhruv," He muttered rubbing his eyes that were badly in need of sleep. His hands reached the bed side table and pulled the drawer. Inside were sleeping pills and prescriptions for them for the past five years.

Rudra and Omkara had their O' Bro coffee, near the swimming pool. They were silent, contemplating the current situation.
"I never thought that Anika Bhabhi will be too stubborn to get a divorce, she left no stone unturned," Rudra declared.
"Haan Rudy, Same here. I thought all is well between them except for few fights now and then," Om continued, "Which is the speciality of their relationship."
"But Om, didn't we notice the way those 'nok-jhoks' became ugly and egoistic?? Once Bhaiya slept with us for a week. Just because Bhabhi threw him out of the room. He didn't tell the reason. Later Bhabhi, once in fight with Bhaiya said that she will commute alone to office, and from then on it was driver lal, who had been dropping her, they never patched up."
"Haan Rudra,once Bhaiya didn't make up to Dhruv's vaccination and then on Bhabhi went all alone, stating work, she even left Gauri and Bhavya behind,"
"I hope Om, we must do something, come on, we can't leave them like this. Atleast before we were oblivious of things but now..."
"Correct Rudra, We must do something,"
"First we must make the fire and ice meet," Rudra said dramatically.
Om looked at him as if he was an alien.
"Matlab," Rudra sighed,"We must make sure that Bhaiya and Bhabhi are alone and together,"
"Hmm...where did Bhabhi go??"
"To US," Rudra said casually and that's when an idea struck them.
"I hope you are thinking the same," Rudra did logical sign.
Om nodded.
The brothers of Shivaay Singh Oberoi smiled.