Papa-son love

The calendar showed that it was Sunday.
Shivaay freshened up and was pacing up and down his room, waiting for Evans who was about to drop in with the gift for Dhruv.
This man. How long will he take??
Is he buying or preparing chocolates god damn it!!
Just then Evans dropped in,
Might be universe was kind enough to cut off the secret curses he was receiving from his boss.
"Sir," He extended the hamper. It was beautifully wrapped with a blue cover and had ribbons adorned on top.
Dhruv will definitely like it.
"Did you add white chocolates??" He asked in particular.
Evans nodded assuring.

Dhruv was excited. He was running down the living room and kitchen continuously.
"Hey champ, why are you so excited??" Filomena asked the junior Billu, who snapped his head immediately showing off his glistening blue eyes.
"My Papa is coming today," His smile widened.
"That too with my favourite white chocolate,"
"Oh, your dad is coming," Filomena gave a warm smile,"Why didn't he stay with you??"
Dhruv face fell.
"I don't know Filomena aunty, Pinky Dadi said that Papa and Mama are getting divo...hmm...divo...I can't pronounce it,"
"Divorce??" Filomena asked with her eyes staring at the little guy with pity.
"Haan, exactly," Dhruv smiled,"You know what aunty?? I love Papa. He is the best Papa one could ever get,"
Exclaiming, the little Billu of Oberoi parivaar kept staring at the entrance waiting for his dad.
A pair of brown orbs watched it. It transitioned it's pupil length due to different emotions- Sad, guilt, jealousy and love at same time.
Shivaay was always right. He couldn't be a best husband but as a dad he said that he will never fail.
Slowly memories flooded her mind.

Memory:2
It was a year after Dhruv was born. Still Naamkaran wasn't done since Ruvay was admitted in hospital due to pre natal complications. Anika felt that no function should be conducted when someone in family is sick. That too Ruvay, the newborn was in incubator. Bhavya was having dark half crescents under her eyes, thanks to frequent hospital visits and stays. Rudra had turned years older in appearance. The stress had took its toll on him.
Shivaay was no less tensed. The complication to Ruvay was passed on to him by his Dadaji. Even Shivaay had same complications. What if it's dormant in Dhruv??
That was tormenting him from inside.
"Shivaay," Anika held his shoulder,"Are you okay??"
"Hmm, I am fine,"
"You look dull, what happened Shivaay??"
"Anika," Shivaay sighed," I am thinking about our son,"
"What are you thinking about him so seriously??"
"You know na?? Rudy's son is having some complications, those that of Dadaji,"
"Okay??"
"I am also having some complications so, what if it's dormant in our son??"
"Come on Shivaay, it won't be so,"
"I am afraid Anika, what if he suffers because of my genes??"
"No he won't," She assured,"Come on Shivaay, just chill. I could understand why you feel so. Things had took a toll on your mental health."
Shivaay hugged her.
She caressed his hair.
That was heaven.
"Papa..." Anika was disturbed by Dhruv's call.
"Dhruv," The deep familiar voice hit her ear drums taking her back into the layer of insecurities.

The breakfast was a silent affair for Anika.
Filomena served food while noticing the bond between father-son duo.
Dhruv was enthusiastic asking Shivaay numerous questions, while he was answering his silly and absurd questions.
"Ok, so what about a trip to Disneyland??" Shivaay asked extending the passes to Dhruv.
"Disneyland!!" Dhruv squealed.
"Mumma," He tugged her scarf,"Papa,me and you are going to Disneyland,"
"I am not coming Dhruv, I have some work, why don't you go with Papa alone?? Mumma will join later," She tried to cajole him,"You and Papa enjoy there,"
For sure, he would have bought only two passes. Why will he mind taking me with him??
"No Mumma, you must come,"
Dhruv was adamant.
Shivaay interfered.
"Anu,I mean Ms Anika Trivedi, you can join us, it's Sunday na, spare some time for Dhruv,"
Anika looked up to say something, when,
"I have bought pass for you too,"
Silence.
"Mumma,please," Dhruv looked at her with eyes begging for a positive nod.
"Okay," Anika muttered.
"That's my mumma,"

Dhruv got into the car's backseat.
"Disney land!! I will meet Mickey and Minnie," He squealed, "Papa, can I meet Mickey there??"
Shivaay nodded with a goofy grin.
"Papa, what about a rollercoaster ride??"
"If you are allowed, then sure," Shivaay replied while inserting his key into the hole, bringing the motors and engine to life.
Anika sat with Dhruv at back.
"Papa, what about Peter Pan?? Will he take me other world??"
"Hmm, he will,"
"Can I meet god mother fairy of Cindrella??"
"Hmm,"
"I want to ask her a wish,"
"What's that??" Anika asked caressing his hair.
"Hmm...I will say to her that she must take me back to India to our home soon. Where you,me and Papa shall stay together,"
He replied cutely.
Shivaay changed the gear, as hot tears ready to barge out, blinded his vision for seconds.
Anika looked away.
That shall never happen.
He was helpless. She was stubborn.

The trip at Disneyland was enjoyable.
Dhruv was enthusiastic when it came to rides. It was a tough time for Shivaay to convince him when his age became a bar for certain rides.
Anika handled such situations, distracting the stubborn Billu, hence bringing him back to normal.
Selfie with Mickey and Minnie there, was the best moment for Dhruv. Next he met Peter Pan in one of rides, and what not??
Shivaay and Anika watched the child, wondering at things, which made his innocent eyes widen more frequently.
Probably, everyone must abandon the rationality at times and enjoy things like a child.
By evening, an exhausted Dhruv had slept in Shivaay's shoulders. He held him so tight, afraid of losing his dad.
"Will you mind driving back??" Shivaay asked.
"Never, I will drive," Anika replied as she sat in driver's seat.
Shivaay climbed in to the seat next to hers.
"Why not backseat??"
"Naah, it sucks," Shivaay twitched his nose.
Anika said nothing. The car raced against the clean tar road.
"Did you enjoy the trip??"
"Hmm, some what,"
"I don't think so, someone was too enthusiastic to stand in line for cotton candies,"
"That's for Dhruv!!"
"Dhruv, okay yeah it's for Dhruv," His voice dripped with sarcasm.
Shivaay cuddled Dhruv to his chest. His hands involuntarily caressed his hair.
"Why did you refuse to join us initially??" Shivaay asked his ex, who was focussed in driving.
"I thought, you would have never bought a pass for me, it was 'family' time allocated to you by the court na??"
"But I bought one for you, because, if Dhruv is my family, then his mom is also so."
Anika shook her head negative.
"Stop it Mr Shivaay Oberoi, I am not the old Anika believe your words, my assumptions never go wrong,"
"I hope it went wrong at morning," Shivaay replied back emotionless.
"And you wouldn't have gone wrong, if you had known me better,"
His blue orbs drifted away from her towards the scenery outside.