Nightmare

Tej drove his car down the road, late evening. He had been late from one of his meetings at Pune and now he was forced to drive back home, late night.
The heavy rain, was making it even more difficult for safe driving, when his wind shield was smashed using a stone, making the glasses crash and prick his wrinkled skin.
The car came to halt with a screech as Tej applied brakes.
Tej tried looking through the crack, which had the rain water splatter on his face.
Just then, he felt like someone holding a gun against the throbbing pulse of his neck.
"Who is that??" He shrieked.
The long fingers, probably of a lady, caressed his face, while holding his neck tight against the gun.
Tej didn't take a long time to recognise who it was.
"Svetlana..." He stuttered.
"Tej...nice meeting you..."
"What do you want??" Tej barked.
"Wow Tej...we are meeting after years but still you haven't changed by an ounce, you are the same Tej who I saw years ago."
"Svetlana, you are playing with fire,"
"Sshh... don't shout or you will have the bullet piercing the pulse of yours,"
Just then, Svetlana's phone buzzed. Connecting it via bluetooth earphone, she heard the instruction.
"As you say, dearest addu," Svetlana smirked.
"Who is that addu?? Hey what are you doing??" Tej panicked as he could feel Svetlana's finger reaching the trigger.
"What you sow, shall you reap," She muttered as the bullet pierced Tej.
Blood splattered all over the glass windows, Steering and seats of the car, with muscles decorating the red background.

"Shivaay..." Jhanvi knocked the door of Shivaay's room desperately," Please open the door,"
Shivaay shrieked from sleep as he got down from his bed and ran towards the door.
"What happened bade ma??"
"Commissioner...news channel..." She stuttered," Please come with me..."
Shivaay accompanied the panicking Jhanvi, to the place she was rushing to.
The commissioner walked towards Shivaay.
"Mr Shivaay Oberoi, Mr Tej had been killed by someone on his way back from Pune,"
"What??" Shock was an understatement.
"Yeah, actually..." The commissioner explained.
Jhanvi was crying hysterically, while Dadi and Rudra were consoling her. Om kept watching everything silently.
Just then, a woman constable walked towards him and slipped Svetlana's ring into his palm.
"Mam had left it in crime spot out of carelessness,"
Om nodded as he slipped the ring into his pocket.
A mental smirk formed on Om's brain.

"Tej is no more," Pinky double checked the term as her husband, who called her after four years, said in phone.
"What happened to him?? He was alright only na??"
"Yeah, he was murdered actually,"
"What??" The ground below Pinky slipped.

"Are you sure about it Dhruv??" Devanika intertwined her fingers with his long ones trying to calm his turbulent mind.
On the table was the letter from Stanford University for his MS at the prestigious institution.
Sitting inside the study room of Dhruv, Devanika's clutch on her bag increased its intensity with every second passing.
Her boyfriend was doing an emotional mistake by declining the offer which had been his dream.
"We can avail education loan with this house being the mortgage,"
Devanika cheered him up, "Moreover your loan falls in A category of education loan and I hope they won't even ask a mortgage at SBI,"
"I am afraid to leave everyone behind," Dhruv shivered," Money is not a issue here Deva,"
"You can't be like this," Devanika gave a nervous chuckle," You are no nine year old kid,"
"Deva, you know very well, Mumma is getting released next month and I want to spend time with her,"
"Dhruv," Devanika shook him," I know aunty is getting released next month but do you think she will be happy if you stay back instead of pushing your career ahead,"
"But I can't meet her right??"
"You can, at jail,"
"Nope. The mere thought of seeing her at Jail and visiting Mumbai conjures me with negativity,"
"Dhruv, for me and aunty, please don't decline this chance, lakhs and lakhs beg for this opportunity,"
Dhruv nodded aimlessly.
Devanika cupped his cheeks with the palms of hers, radiating the warmth and love she has for him, right from the day he proposed, four years back, at the flower garden while having the coffee.
"Don't think about things that you can't change." Her brown orbs focussed his Gray eyes.
"I hope I can't,"
"Dhruv..."
"Well...I can try..."
"So..."
"So..."
"Going to Stanford??"
A sharp inhale came as reply.
Devanika smiled as she leaned forward capturing his lips between hers. He slid hands around her neck while pulling her closer.
Breaking the kiss, she was breathing heavily with her cheeks crimson red.
"All the best," Her smile was contagious as he smiled back with the same vigour.

Anika knit the sweater with those two wooden knitting needles she was given by the warden.
She had been doing the same for past few years, which was later sold by the Jail authorities to Public and her sweaters were always in Demand every winter. A whopping amount 20k was in her account at Jail, which she had asked the jail authorities to transfer it to her co mate Suneetha's account, who had landed up in jail after murdering the drunkard husband of hers for self protection.
"Anika di," Suneetha sat near the middle age woman who smiled warmly as usual.
"The jail warden is here to collect our goods,"
"Hmm," Her hands lift the pile of sweaters near by and handed over to the latter.
"They are beautiful," Suneetha smiled.
Anika smiled back while her memories settled on the day she knitted the first sweater for Dhruv for the first winter that approached when he was about three months.
The way he smiled when Anika showed the sweater, the way he cooed. His feathery kisses on her cheeks.
It has been a long time since I met him.
He didn't dare to visit the jail. I received his letter few months back. He had confessed that he had no strength left in his mind to see me in jail.
The mere thought of visiting Mumbai sent shudders through his spine.
I can't blame him either. Mumbai had cursed him with pain. Only pain.