Far away from Reality

Dhruv fussed as he packed his bag. It has been a week since Anika had been arrested. Though the pain didn't lessen, he thought of saving it for settling it back without discounts to those who had been the reason of his misery. For now, he has only his Mamu. He had left to US yesterday to continue his job at MNC. Now he was alone but not anymore. He was leaving Mumbai to join St Theresa at Shimla, for his Bachelor in Engineering.
The application form, Train ticket and money wallet was on the table with the two former sheets fluttering in air entering through the window.
Dhruv's gray eyes could look at the uncertainty of his life. He was at square one sans wealth, family and support.
As his chain of thoughts started scaring him, he came back to present as he heard someone knocking the front door.
"Who is it??" His manly voice reverberated while making way to open the door.
As he opened, his eyes fell on the old lady standing in front of him, with a warm smile she had always carried with her throughout her life.
She was too old than he had seen her or thought that she will be. The wrinkled skin of her palm caressed his cheeks, making him smile unknowingly. Though he carried lot of hatred for the Oberois, he can't refrain himself from loving her.
"Won't you call me inside??"
"Not like that Dadi," Dhruv nodded negative letting her walk in.
Pinky's eyes fell on the luggage, ticket and money wallet beside the photo frame of him, Anika and Sahil.
"Do you want coffee Dadi??"
"No need beta, Water does better,"
Dhruv squirmed uncomfortably, shifting the weight between his legs.
"Actually Dadi, we don't have an RO here and we have to drink mineral water, if you don't mind..."
"No issues, I am your Dadi and let alone Mineral water, even if you give shehar, I shall consume it peacefully,"
Dhruv was impacted by her words for a second.
"Dadi...aisa nahi bolna, Don't you leave me alone like others," Dhruv sat beside her, hugging her shoulders burying into her skin. That was the threshold of his emotions. Pinky could feel her fabric turning wet as time passed.
She didn't stop him. He wanted him to cry. Let his emotions be washed away so that he will be free of burden.
I had never been a good mother in law for Anika. I don't want her to be a scape goat for the greediness of this Oberois just I was once went it came to Jhanvi di. But Fate is strong. It broke Anika. Now, I can save the chance by being the support of Dhruv. I don't want those toxic people choke my grandson with their so called Oberoi ethics and values. Already my son is gone. Pinky the mother might have failed but the grandmother won't.
I won't let the Oberoi Shadow fall on Dhruv.
Her eyes shifted towards Khanna, who nodded in an affirming way.

Pinky and Dhruv climbed into the train. It was first time for Dhruv. Thanks to Sahil, he got a first class AC ticket. If not, Dhruv would have been in sleeper class shocking him even more.
"Dadi, your ticket??" Dhruv asked with wonder.
"Never mind, I have my ways," She winked while pulling out a ticket.
Dhruv chuckled.
"Come," Pinky slid open the cabinet door, letting Dhruv enter.
Khanna walked closely behind placing the luggage inside.
"Mam, All set,"
"Thank you Khanna,"
Dhruv watched at Khanna doubtful.
He had been Mr Oberoi's close aide. What if he...
"Don't worry Dhruv, I won't say anything to Shivaay sir," Khanna winked shocking Dhruv.
He is a mind reader!!

"Where is ma??" Shivaay asked while pushing the piece of prawn into his mouth. The dinner was a silent affair for Oberois, or for Seniors and Super Senior Oberois to be precise for past one week.
"Pinky hadn't returned yet Shivaay, I tried calling her but she didn't respond," Jhanvi replied with her voice laced with concern.
"Chote ma left early morning," Rudra wondered," She said that she is going to get the peace she had been yearning for all these years,"
Shivaay stopped eating.
Ma left??
"I thought she is coming to meet you, didn't she??" Om asked as he got up from his seat.
If chote ma hadn't returned yet then it's concerning.

"Khanna," Shivaay roared as he got into the back seat of his car.
"Driver," Om rushed behind.
Both the gentlemen came in front of the senior Oberois.
"Do you know where mom went??" Shivaay asked Khanna who nodded negative in a more affirming manner.
"Rudra said that chote ma went to place where she will get peace..." Om stopped as the answer struck both simultaneously.
"Pota," Om shouted.
"Dhruv," Shivaay confirmed.

"St Theresa!!" Pinky squealed,"That's one of the best colleges across India,"
Dhruv nodded proudly.
"It means your future is sorted,"
Pinky caressed his hair. "I am happy for you beta, you know what it was Shivaay's dream college..."
She stopped in between as she saw Dhruv sulking.
"I mean...it's a good college," She muttered," All the best,"
Dhruv smiled as his face lit once again.
Pinky mentally sighed.
I tried knocking sense into Shivaay's brain. I said that he will be pained in future if he doesn't care about Anika and Dhruv and that turned out to be true. His own son hates him. That's the  highest punishment he shall get for making Anika suffer.

Shivaay kicked the locked door out of frustration.
"Shit!!"
"The house is locked, then where is Dhruv??" Om asked concerned.
"Pata nahi,"
"Seriously?? Didn't you ask anyone to keep a tab on him?? Jawan hai Shivaay... vho jawan hai. His hormones and emotions are out of control. He listens to his heart. At such a tender age, we had exposed him to enough heartbreaks and now he is missing!! He is your son damn it!!"

The household at Shimla had a hearty dinner at table. The eldest child of family, Devanika, was laughing at her brother who was sitting with sulking face as their father had pulled the leg few minutes before.
Devanika was beautiful in every manner. Her hair locks, were plaited neatly with few strands falling on her beautiful face.
She was shining with happiness, as she had secured a seat at St Theresa.
Meanwhile her phone buzzed. The screen displayed, Anu, the name of her bestfriend.