The Young Years: Chapter 1

May 5th, 2014
Hi my name is Sofia . I am just starting high school and I met this guy. So far he and his brother are complete morons and I want to stay as far away as I can but there is something about them that I interests me.
But my story doesn't start on the first day of school. It was the end of school. During the first weeks of May
my friend Carter and I talk a lot. We were good friends nothing to big.
Carter was one of those really smart student who was never prepared for class. He sat next to me in science. Everyday I would bring an extra pencil because I knew he would ask to borrow it. Sometimes he would borrow my book because he alway forgot to bring one to boost. He had brown hair that was always messy. He had a smile that would light up a room. He had an inappropriate sense of humor and most people called him a jerk. I never saw it. He was the sweetest thing to me. Sometimes I didn't understand a question on the paper and he would explain it to me. When ever Jayden was annoying me he would shut him up. Most of the time he would just call Jayden out on his shit but was entertaining to see Jayden speechless. It was early May and I was in science. After listening to Mr. Piette go on and on about the organs of the human body it was time for group work. I swore that after listening to him for so long I wanted to bang my head against the hardest wall. He annoyed the shit out of me. The guy NEVER shut the hell up.
My group was Jayden, Jillian, Carter and me. Jillian was my best friend. She was the kind of girl that would embarrass you in front of your crush but in the end she's Cupid. She was dating Forest my worst enemy and Carter brother. He was such a jerk. He was full of himself and thought he was Mr. Perfect but Jillian was in love with him so I was nice to him, and by nice I mean I kept my teasing and name calling to a minimum. However that didn't mean I couldn't gag everything I saw him.
"Eh meh group 4 are you working or taking" glared Mr. Piette
"Well work inquiries we talk so both" laugh Jayden
The class was filled with "Roasted" or "boi"
"so Jayden you been to jail" I asked bringing the conversation back.
" it wasn't my fault" he shot back.
" you were harassing a women" I fired back
" I think of it as declaring my love" he defended
"She was pregnant" shouted Jillian.
" whatever" said Jayden rolling his eyes.
" So Sofia" said Jayden slowly putting his arm around my shoulder
"I was thinking that I  like you so maybe you and me should date"
At that I could feel my face turn bright red. As I turn my head to look at Jillian she was mouthing the words yes well more screaming it. I then looked at Carter he was giving Jayden the death stare.
"Uh" I dragged on very unsure.
I never really liked Jayden . He was a bad boy. Now I'm not trying to stereo type but this kid was caught with a water bottle full of weed in him locker and this was the guy who gets a new girl every other week. But I hate saying no and disappointing people. Plus Jayden was kinda cute. He had very dirty blonde hair that was buzzed cut and he was very muscular. Once when I was on the bus I saw him walking home without a shirt and he had a six pack. So hot!
" so is it a yes" said Jayden with every ounce of confidence in his voice.
" of course it is a yes; Sofia is to nice to say no to such an idiot like you. She doesn't know any better" at that moment Carter slammed his hand on his desk and stormed out the room.
" uh yeah sure Jayden" I said with all the uncertainty.
Jayden squeeze my shoulder bringing  my head into the crock of his neck. I saw Jillian celebrating throwing confetti she just made into the air. I stared at Carters books he left.
At the end of class I picked up my books and charters  I watched Jayden jumping up in the air and explaining to people we were dating. I walked through the crowd of people congratulating me.
I knew Carter had his business class next in the library considering his schedule was up front in facing. I watched as he sat lonely in the corner. I quickly walked over to him and placed his books in front of him.
" thanks" he mumbled
" no prob but what  happened back there" I said gently
" nothin " he replied
"what" I question softly
" nothing" he snapped " just be smart"
" excuse me" I snapped