The Young Years: Chapter 9

By the time I got off the bus and had daughtry blasting through my ears I saw vine- Carter appear on my phone screen.
"Hey" he texted
"Hey" I texted back
"So about this date what are you doing Saturday"
"What no how you doing, whats up 😂"
"I know you like straight forward do why not"
"Alright um nothing" I said impress
"Well good how about we meet at downtown Bristol and walk down the board way"
"That's sounds great" I texted back "is around 7 okay. I have flag squad practice for the Washington trip"
"Yeah sure I'll see then"
"Technically you'll see me Friday cause we don't have class tomorrow but we do Friday"
"Whatever😂"
With that we both stopped texting till later that day when he texted about the science final essay.
................................................................
June 21, 2014
It was Saturday and we planned to meet up at Dunkin. I was frantically FaceTiming Kaya.
"Kaya I don't know what to wear and I have an hour and a half" I whined as I went through my closet.
"Well aren't you gonna wear your black heels". The thing was I had these black 2 inch heels that had mesh like leather holes in the front. With them I would still be 3 inches shorter then Carter but it was better then 5.
"Yeah" I answer
"Then match something to that"
"All I wear is black. My whole closet is black" I laughed
"Oh wait" I said jumping up from my previous position laying on my bed "I have the dark blue, black and orange floral romper I could wear with the tan nit lace. The matches my heals right"
"omg yes with the light golden smokey eye and coral lipstick you do" she exclaimed
"Girl I love you yes! Wait hair down or up"
"Down duh"
"Okay" I said and hung up with out hearing a faint "i want details as I did"
I then went straight to getting ready with adding flatting my hair to the list considering I have small waves in my hair.
When I got done I raced to my moms car and impatiently waited for her. As drove closer to dunkin donuts I could see his figure waiting for me. He was so cute. He looked the way he always with his hair in a mess and his same black basketball shorts with his NIKE blue shirt. I couldn't stand it he was so attractive. If I had to picture the perfect boy for me it would be him. He was amazing.
As I got out of my moms car he began walking towards me. A smile crossed my face.
"Hey" he said awkwardly scratching his neck. 
"Hey" I said with a comforting smile
"So"
"So"
I watched as he started walking towards the dunkin donuts and followed.
"What do you want" he said in a kindly manner.
"I got it" I said reaching for my wristlet.
"No" he said grabbing my hand "what kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my girlfriend pay for something as simple as a coffee"
"I don't know" I laughed
"Exactly so what do u want"
"Fine small Hazelnut iced coffee cream and sugar" I said to the 30 so lady behind the counter
"Ok" he said "and I will have a small hot coffee extra extra with skim"
"Ohhhhlala fancy skim" I laughed
He just laughed in reply
As Carter handed me my cold drink I took a sip and said  "thank you"
"No problem" he said shrugging it off
We began walking down to the bay. It was only two blocks away before we reached the wooden dock. The salt water smell didn't even bother me even though you could smell it 1 mile away. I was use to it now. It was weird to think of Carter and me on a date. We had that relationship that was more then a friend. That's what I wanted. I didn't need a guy to hold my hand or even give me chocolates. I just wanted someone who was there for me and could make me happy.
"So how's your social studies project going" I asked carter
"Ok I guess" he replied
"This coming from a person who hasn't started it yet right"
By now we had reached the docking bay which was kinda like a bad beach. The beaches here were just rocky. Shells just poked out of the sand and cut your foot. It wasn't even meant to be a beach really. It was mostly where boat were put into the water.
We walked over to the dock and walked towards the water and sat at the edge. The sky was turning a purple and the sun was hidden by clouds.
Our conversation then slowed. I looked into his eyes as they were already staring into mine. I was shorter than him so he look down at me. But for once I didn't care that someone was looking down at me. His face was so close I could feel his cold breath against my check. I've never been this close to a guy before. I could feel my body shaking of how nervous i was. I tired to breath slowly, but each time my breath seem to hitch. His hand held my check.
"Are you okay" he asked
"I've never been so close to a guy before" I barley whispered
"I've never been this close to a girl before"
It Meade me feel better that neither of us knew what we were doing. I could help but feel natural about this. I practically felt my body sway towards his. He pulled my face closer to his. I closed my eyes as our lips met. His lips were so soft. I throw my arms around his neck and he held my checks. It was a gentle kiss an unsure one, a first but a magical one.
I then let my lips drop from his. He ran his hand through my hair. That was my first kiss. I pulled my phone out of my purse and saw 8:00 appear on my screen. Getting up I held out my hand and he took it. We walked back to dunkin in silence. But it wasn't awkward silenced more like amazed.