The Young Years: Chapter 5

When I got to Mrs. Crandells room that when it hit me like a truck, I was dating Carter. What had I done? I kept mumbling " What have I done? What have I done? This isn't happening. This isn't happening. This isn't happening"
I finally looked up and noticed the room was already arranged into groups of 4.  Stephanie  came from behind me and jumped on my back making me almost fall. I couldn't help but laugh.
I grabbed some blue and red pain and poured it into some tray and put the paint brushes to the side of the tray. I then grabbed some card bored and set up my station. Stephanie finished hers first.
"Hey" she said
"Hey" I replied weakly
" you okay"
"Yeah totally"
"Okay"
You see the thing with Stephanie  is that if the problem doesn't involve her she's uninterested. Yeah it might seem rude and selfish but shes fun to be around. That's probably why we were friends anyway. I always enjoyed fixing other people's problems and keeping mine in the hush. People really only care about their problems. Not  many people want to spend more then 5 minutes focusing on others. But that's okay as long as there are some people like me how focus on other people's problems.
Stephanie went down the hall into Mrs. Costa's room and pulled Erica and Rachel into the room. She told Erica to come to me and she took Rachel.
Erica was a brunette who was beginning to dye her hair slowly blonde. She was very pretty and had a bubbly personality. She really was the life of the party. She was very poplar but that made her practically date every boy in the world. Right now Erica was dating Jake a long blonde haired boy who seemed like the dumbest model in the world.
"Hi"I said with no expression.
"Hi"said Erica
I then explained to her how to put the cardboard inside the shirt and to be light with the paint. Erica picked out a stencil of a paw print that represent our mascot the huskies  and began painting  on it.
"So how are you and Jake doing" I said raising my eyebrows up and down in a suggestive matter.
"Good I guess" she said in a not sure way.
"What does that mean"
" I don't know. Things have been rough lately I really do like him but I don't know if he feels the same way" Erica said looking disappointed.
"Do you want me to talk to him"
"Thanks but it's ok"
"Well you two need to talk"
"I know"
"Good"
"So you and Carter hun" she said in a similar suggestive manner
"What"
"Oh Carter came into math and was screaming ' I am going out with sofia"
I just laugh it was that I thought Erica was lying it just thought it was funny.
"What's so funny" said Erica laughing.
"I don't know. But he really did that"
"Yeah" Erica was still laughing
"Ok"
Erica then finished her shirt and had to leave.
Carter can in next and worked with Stephanie but he kept looking at me staring almost. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on in my head at that moment.