The Young Years: chapter 11

July 5th, 2014
Today I was going on a triple date with Kaya and Caleb and Stephinie and Brandon.
Kaya and Caleb got together 3 days after school ended. It was basically your cliché I told Caleb Kaya kinda liked him apparently he always liked her and he was scared she didn't like him so bam! He asked her out.
We all agreed to go to Bristol house of pizza, which was near where me and Carter had our first kiss.
We haven't hung out at all since school let out but I didn't expect us too. I mean he went camping the 28th-29th and then starting 30th we both began camp. We did text everyday even though most of the time it was a quick hey, hi, what's up, not much, see yah.
Today would be the first time we saw each other since school let out. That's probably why I went all out doing a subtle, faded brown smokey eye and wore my favorite blue and white plaid crop top with my high waisted shorts and white heels.
As my dad pulled up to Bristol house I noticed Stephanie and Brandon sitting by the window seats.
"Are your friends here" asked my dad
I pointed to Stephanie "yep. Love yah" and exited the car.
I instantly ran up to Stephanie ,who was waiting outside the table, and gave her a huge hug.
"Hey Brandon" I said giving him a small smile
I didn't hate Brandon but I didn't know him either. So I really had no opinion.
In the booth Brandon sat near the window while Stephanie sat next to him. I choose to sit across from Brandon near the window. With seconds Caleb walked in and I waved for him to come where we were.
"Hey dude" said Brandon
I gave him my hey and so did Stephanie.
He took a seat next to me. I couldn't help but notice how good he smelt. He smelt like the really good cologne and not like axe like a name brand.
"I'm sorry dude but damn you smell really good" I laughed
I watch as Stephanie broke down hysterically laughing "what the hell"
"Eh I'm sorry Sofia but I got a girl and you got a guy" he laughed too
"No no" I laughed hysterically "not what I meant"
At that moment Kaya walked in.
"Hey Kaya I think Sofia is trying to steal your man"screamed Brandon
"Omg no" I screamed at Kaya dying of laughter
I watched as she walked over with the most confused look on her face "what did I miss"
"All I said was Caleb smells good I mean smell him" I said raising my hand in defeated defense.
I watched as Kaya leaned in and smelled Caleb's plain baby blue polo shirt.
"Omg you do" said Kaya in shocked as she took a seat next to him
"Hahahaha" I laughed in Brandon's face
"Hey sof where Carter at I'm hungry" asked Caleb
"You alway hungry" said Kaya as she rolled her eyes
"Coming from the girl who bring 7 snacks a day to school" laughed Stephanie
"I don't know let me check" I said as I pulled out my iPhone SE. As I u locked my phone I saw a notification from vine. Opening the vine app I saw it was from Carter "hey Sofia stuff came up not coming have fun". I even noticed that the notification was sent 2 minutes ago.
I could feel heat raising to my checks. I couldn't tell if it was anger or embarrassment. I was literally stood up. I wasn't even like he texted me before. We were suppose to meet at 12 he texted at 12:04.
I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to vanish into thin air.
"He's not coming. Apparently something came up. Whatever" I shrugged with a straight face. One of things I hated most was showing people my weakness; being venerable. I would rather cry years alone then have someone see me shed one tear. In times of pain I wanted to be alone. I had to be stronger then my emotions.
"OMG that douchebag" screamed Kaya "that's it I'm cutting his balls off"
"Kaya calm down its fine. Someone go order pizza in hungry too"
"I say boys go" said Stephanie
"Fine with me" I said as opening my Michael kors satchel and pulling out my puffer fish wallet to give $5 to Caleb
I watched as the guys got out of the booth and went straight to the counter.
"Are you kidding me" said Stephanie in a whisper "how could he do this"
"Guy it's really okay I can't talk about this" I said in a whisper almost afraid to speak in case of a whimper.
I watched both there faces drop. Even though I never show too much emotion they both knew I was hurting. They decided to leave it.
The rest of the date I kept quiet. I laughed at a lot of the jokes and ate some pizza. Most I was covering up. They could tell Sofia wasn't home but I was still trying not to ruin the day.
I couldn't honestly remember what we talked about or why I laughed because I was so occupied on being stood up. All I knew is that Carter better pray he has a good excuse.