Trust Issues

It's the day after the sleepover and the girls and I decided to have a Sunday Funday while were all still together. With us having a hard time making our minds up on where to go, we decided to just walk around the mini mall that was close to Faith's house. Knowing my friends would take all day getting ready In the bathroom, I made sure I was prepared. While they were downstairs eating up all the breakfast we doordashed from Dunkin Donuts, sneaky ole me hopped in the shower. I do not have time to be sitting around funky while they argue over who gets to brush their teeth first. 

"All clean" I whisper to myself while stepping out the shower with a trail of steam coming from behind me. I open up the window to let the morning breeze in so that the air can help me dry off quicker. As I'm pulling out my travel size makeup pouch I overhear Aaliyah and Faith in the hallway. I don't think much of it until I hear the sound of my name in a worried whisper. "No, please don't make me tell Pearl yet, I don't want our friendship to be over. Just give me time to think it through" I hear Faith plead. Aaliyah responds back in a nonchalant tone saying "girl you did enough thinking, she was so close to finding out the truth last night and besides what kind of friend would you be by keeping petty secrets".   

An annoyed and confused look grew on my face, I've never been the judgmental type so for them to be keeping secrets from me honestly hurt my feelings. I shuffle my bags in a loud and obnoxious way letting my presence be known and go back to doing my makeup as unbothered as I can be. If they want to hide things from me then be it, I'll never beg anyone for their trust. 

An awkward silence grew in the air as all three of us sit in the room getting ready for the day

An awkward silence grew in the air as all three of us sit in the room getting ready for the day. Pettiness overtook me as I see Aaliyah and Faith side eye each other the entire time, just spit it out I think to myself while applying my favorite nude lip gloss. Just as I thought my day couldn't be anymore worse, I get a text from my mom saying "GET HOME NOW! I TOLD YOU TO CHECK IN WITH ME AND NOT ONE CALL OR TEXT."  

I start grabbing all my belongings aggressively not caring about what I break or leave behind. "where are you going?" Faith says in a concerned tone. I roll my eyes at her while remaining silent and stomp down the stairs. I slam the front door behind me and let out a frustrated scream. Careless about the long walk home or my legs being exposed to the  cold morning , or my hair rollers still being in my head or my mom constantly double texting me about me being grounded, or my friends hiding things from me, I just walk. Letting all the worrisome leave my mind.