Chapter 21 : Line

JoJo woke up stiff and sore, like she has been sleeping for a whole year, but she got to her feet and ran to the living room, relieved to find Morris still here.

"Slept well?"

"Yes." she nodded. "Did you?"

"Like a baby!" the man waved his coffee.

He only had three hours of sleep, but he wasn't tired. His eyes were sharp and ready for war. That, and he has been feeding himself with nothing but caffeine and sugar.

On the breakfast table, JoJo was gobbling down food like there was no tomorrow. After a good night sleep, the girl apparently developed an appetite.

"Easy there, little lady!" Morris said. "I don't wanna explain to your father how his daughter choked herself to death on my watch."

"Store up energy. Right?" JoJo answered with a mouthful.

"Or why his daughter put on weight in just a few days."

"Oh My God! Are you saying that I look fat?" JoJo stopped, dropping her food and ran to a mirror.

"Come back and eat up! We're gonna have a hard day to burn all that fat and more!"

As JoJo continued her breakfast, Morris explained that he has made contact with a group call Maxa, selling himself as a rogue agent who held JoJo to his captive, trying to lure them out the open.

"Are you gonna be okay with that? Being the bait?"

"Not like it's the first time!" JoJo said casually, referring to the metro incident. "And I'll do anything to find my father!"

"That's the spirit!" Morris praised. "Now, before we go, there are a few things I need to show you."