Part 30

It's the next day, Jake and I are eating breakfast before he goes to train the warriors he will be taking with to my old pack. I am a bit worried about it all and still not 100% sure if helping Dallas is the right choice. 

 "So I will be very busy today, catching up on paperwork and organizing the pack for the attack. Would you like to stay with me today or I can see if one of the guards can come over while I'm out?" Jake asks.

"Could I stay with you?" My voice is still light and a bit raspy but I am getting more and more used to speaking each time. 

Jake smiles and instantly nods his head. "Of course, I was kind of hoping you would say that." I let out a little laugh and take a few more bites of my waffles. Once we have finished our food Jake brings us up to our room and he changes in the bathroom before leading us back down to the training fields. 

Upon reaching the fields there are a bunch of warriors already warming up, stretching, and sparring with each other. I see a few in the center our in their wolf form, they look so majestic and move with such ease that it makes me long for my wolf. I have not felt her since that time with Jake before I was kidnapped and it is starting to concern me. 

"Alright I'm going to get started with training. You can join in if you want or just hang out around here." Jake explains as he sets down his water bottle in the shade of the tree we are standing under. 

"I'll sit here," I sit down with a small smile. The cool grass feeling nice compared to the hot sun. But I try to enjoy it as much as I can seeing as the winter months are almost here. Jake gives me a grin before jogging out to the center of the field. Immediately he has the attention of everyone as they go silent and still looking in his direction. Jake gets to explaining what the plan is and then they start out with some cardio running laps. I can't seem to take my eyes off my mate as he leads the group in their laps. His muscles showing through his shirt, sweat glistening on his tanned skin, and his handsome facial structures pulled up in a smile. Wait what am I thinking? I shake my head to clear them of those thoughts and just go back to observing, though my eyes are still trained on Jake. 

Once done with the laps they start on some core exercises. It has been about thirty minutes now and I decide to lay back in the grass close my eyes. 

After awhile I wake up to the loud sounds of the sparring taking place. People yelling and grunts of pain as someone gets punched in the stomach. I look around until my eyes land on Jake who is training with what looks like one of the head warriors, but he is still no match for Jake. I hear some giggling on the side line on the other side of the field where I group of girls and a few boys are watching the practice. 

The girls eyes are aimed at Jake while they continue to giggle and whisper amongst each other. A weird feeling grows inside of me and I am suddenly feeling annoyed at them. Who do they think they are looking at my mate? Woah since when did I become possessive. I think Jake might be wearing off on me. 

The girls continue to watch Jake as the practice continues for a few more minutes before Jake calls a water break and he makes his way towards me. Stopping along the way to speak with a few people. Jake walks right by the group of girls and they say something which I do not hear because I am too focused watching his reaction. Jake laughs at whatever they say and his body is relaxed as he says something back to them. Causing me to let out a small growl. Woah! What is happening to me? I have not made that noise in years. 

Jake must have heard me because he then excuses himself and rushes towards me. "Juliet, what's wrong?" He asks as his eyes look between mine and then they do a quick sweep of my body, likely checking for injuries, before his eyes are back on mine. 

I look over his shoulder at the girls, some of which are still looking at him. "My mate." I growl out again and grab his hand. This obviously shocks Jake as his eyebrows furrow and he grabs my other hand with his free hand. "What's going on Juliet?" 

"You are my mate, not theirs." I keep my glare on the girls who are all taking amongst each other now. 

I hear Jake hold back a noise and when I turn my head back to him I can see he is trying to hold in a smile. I then glare at him. Why is he smiling? Does he like those girls too? He is mine not theirs. Jake's face then turns serious and he pulls me closer towards him. 

"Listen Juliet. I am yours and only yours and you are mine. I will always be here for you and I have eyes for no one else. I love you." I smile as I feel my cheeks heat up. I lean into his chest and rest my head against it. I take in a few deep breaths until I feel my anger cool down and my heart rate gets back under control. As I calm down I feel my embarrassment grow about what I just did. I have never acted like that in all my life and suddenly I am acting all possessive over Jake and feeling immense anger at some girls I don't even know. 

I pull back and look down at the ground. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I just saw those girls, and you were smiling, and..." but I am quickly cut off by Jake. 

"Hey, if I'm being honest I love that you are feeling jealousy and possessiveness over me, because that's what I feel whenever another male looks your way or is in the same room. It's part of being mates and loving one another." He says with a huge smile and I smile back. He pulls me into a hug and I feel the warmth and comfort that only Jake can bring me.