Part 25

I have been in this cabin deep in the middle of the woods for a few days now. It's cold, the  food is stale or old, and most of all I'm scared. There is no electricity here, the only light these past few nights have been from the lightning. The roar of thunder covering the sound of the nearby rogues. 

     I sit in the corner of the couch cowering in a blanket. My brother should be coming back today. I just wish he would hurry. I know I don't necessarily like him, but he's my brother and he cared for me once, and if what he told me is true I can trust him. At least I have to, he's the only one who knows I am alive. 

     I wonder how Alpha Jake is taking all of this, does he even care? He must, the way he cared for me in his pack, the way he made me feel, and how he would give me ice cream just to see me smile. 

    I jump as the cabin door is opened and my drenched brother walks in. "How are you? We are clear to get you back to your mate tonight. We just have to wait until the sun falls." 

     And that is exactly what we do. I sit there and listen intently while my brother tells me all these wild stories. True, fake, myths, and fairy tales from when I was young. It's nice to feel close to my brother again and I hope that this is all true and not a facade. 

     "Alright, you ready to go?" I nod my head to him. It's time to go back to my mate. 

     We walk out into the dark night. He unlocks his truck and James opens the door for me. I climb in and look around the interior. It's perfectly spotless, my muddy shoes ruining the cleanliness of the carpet on the floor. 

     "Alright let's get you back to your mate!" He says excitedly. What has gotten in to him? 

     I feel a shaking on my shoulder. I bolt up straight and flinch away. "Sorry, anyways we are about five minutes from Jake's territory. Be ready for the patrol to come up to the truck, and remember the plan about getting my mate back."

     As soon as our truck reaches the territory it is surrounded by border patrol wolves. Nice to see that their borders are tight and guarded. I wonder if it was this good when I was kidnapped.

     One of them shifts and puts shorts on before coming up to James' window. James rolls it down seeing him walk forward. "State your name, pack, and purpose for coming here." He says in a harsh demanding tone. 

     "Let's just say that I have something or shall I say someone your alpha may want to see." He leans back against his seat so the man can see me. His eyes widen and I hear a light gasp. "Luna?" He asks, unbelieving. I nod my head slowly. 

     The patroller continues to stare at me in disbelief while his eyes glaze over, most likely mind-linking  Alpha Jake. "Our Alpha will be here in a few, please just wait here." He says quickly to James. Then turns back to me. "Luna Juliet, is that really you? What are you doing with him? What happened to you?" 

     Before he can keep bombarding me with questions a shadow bursts out from the forest. My door is thrown open and I am pulled into a warm chest with protective arms wrapped around me. 

     "My Juliet," Alpha Jake whispers into my ear. "My love." He continues to hold me in his arms, every now and then pulling me tighter against him and breathing in my scent. 

     "How are you here? You were dead, I saw it. This can't be real." I pull back from him, much to his dismay, but I quickly put my hand on his cheek and give him a small smile to let him know that I am here and okay. 

     Jake smiles sweetly back at me and leans into my hand. Finally he looks around us and sees who I am in the car with and growls. He rips the seatbelt off of me and pulls me behind his back. "You were the one who took Juliet from me! What are you doing with my mate?" His voice rough and angry. 

     "I'm the one who saved your mate from our father. And in return I expect a favor. Let's say we have a lot to talk about."