Part 5

Jake POV.

I am laying on the ground trying to go to sleep but I can't. I am thinking about how she only shrugs and doesn't talk to me. Also how whenever I raise my hand she flinches back, like she will be disgusted to even touch me.

It has been two hours and Juliet only fell asleep about twenty minutes ago. I stand up and walk over to the side of the bed. I hear small sniffling sounds. So I turn on the light and look down at her. She is shifting around in the bed and mumbling things I can't understand.

She looks so uncomfortable shifting side to side. I hear her breathing and heartbeat quicken. I start to get nervous so I walk over to her.

Right when I reach the side of the bed she is on, she sits straight up and screams. I rush over to her and put a hand on her arm. I feel the amazing sparks I feel whenever I touch her run up my arm.

She flinches back from my touch and I frown. "Juliet what's wrong?" I ask her, putting my hand out to grab her trembling ones. I feel her relax a bit, but than her muscles tense again and she tries pulling her hands away. But I don't let her pull away. She is my mate, and these are the times that she needs me the most.

I reach over and turn on the lights. When I do I see tears running down her face. My wolf growls, she hears and starts shaking even more. I pull her in to hug her. She tries pulling away and I let her not wanting to hurt her. But I keep a hold on her hand.

I feel her flinch and I look down at her arm to see a bunch of bruises and scars. I growl and back up from her knowing that I am just freaking her out more.

Juliet POV:

When he sees the scars on my arm I freak out even more, especially when he backs up. He is either disgusted or he thinks that it will be okay to abuse me sooner than he already was.

His eyes are turning black and I squeeze my eyes shut as tears run down my cheeks. The next thing I know is that I am in his arms and he is rubbing soothing circles on my back. But when he hits one of my bruises I flinch and his eyes turn darker.

"Juliet can I please look at the scars?" He asks. I know not to disobey him, so I slowly nod my head yes.

He sits on the bed and turns me around and lifts up my shirt but not to high. I am still shaking as I feel him trace one of my scars.

He starts growling and he pulls me against him. He puts his head in the crook of my neck and starts smelling me.

"Your mine." He growls and I just sit there not knowing what to do. "Is this why you don't talk?" I nod my head and he starts growling and pulls me even closer to him. "So you where the one that we thought was getting abused. I can't believe your father would let that happen. Did he know?" I want to tell him that he is the one that started it. But seeing as how I can't talk I just nod.

"We'll talk about this more later. Lets just go to sleep right now." He pulls me down to lay in the bed next to him and I stay stiff in his arms. He pulls me tight against his chest and his breathing slowly slows down until he is asleep.

A while later I too fall asleep and have the best night sleep I have had in a while. I know that sooner or later he is going to lose this little bit of trust I have for him, but right now I feel safe. Which I haven't felt safe in a very long time.

*

*

*

A/N: I know that this is a short chapter but I couldn't think of anything more. I am starting to get writers block for this part of the story. I have later parts in this story panned out. But just not right now. lol

Bye!!!