Part 23

It's been a week since I have been here. I have been locked up in my room this whole time. My brother has been able to sneak me food some times and tried his best to keep my father away from me to keep my beatings to a minimum. But today is the day that we are going through with the plan. "Okay, here is what we are going to do. I'll tell dad that I am driving you to the doctors because you have a very bad cold and we can't use you as leverage if you are dead. That's how I will get us out of the building, ready?" I nod my head, fingers crossed hoping that everything will turn out okay. 

     I sit anxiously waiting for Dallas to get back to keep going with the plan. It has been a good thirty minutes now and I am starting to worry. Right as I start to think something happened to him he walks through the door. "We are good to go, it took some convincing but I got him to agree. But we have to hurry, everything is set up and ready to go."

     I let him pull me towards the car and he pushes me in telling me to buckle quickly. "It's going to take place at the bridge. I have someone there ready, are you sure you want to do this." I nod my head quickly, anything then being with my father is better, even this crazy plan. He sees my nod and starts the car, speeding away. 

Dallas (Juliet's brother) P.O.V.

     The ambulance pulls away after inspecting my injuries and my father waits impatiently as I limp my way towards him. "Where is the mutt!" He growls out angrily. 

     "Father," I say, trying to stop my voice from shaking. "The car went up in flames. There was no way that her weak body could have survived it. I only did because of my alpha genes. But this is what you wanted. She's dead, just what you always wanted." 

     He slaps me across the face angrily. "This is all your fault, and you will pay for it!" He grabs me roughly and pulls me away. 

Alpha Jake's P.O.V.

     We are so close to finding her. We have figured out our attack plan for her fathers territory and are planning on going two days from now, giving my pack time to prepare themselves. If it was me I would head there right now, but my beta and best friend convinced me otherwise. Just then my door is opened and my beta walks in nervously. "Umm Alpha, have you, uh have you seen the news." I look at him confused. His face full of worry and sorrow. Immediately my heart beat quickens, I can tell whatever he is about to tell me is not good news. 

     "No, why?" I say while trying to control my breathing and nerves. He doesn't say anything but walk over to the t.v. and turning it on, switching it over to the news channel. 

      " ... in a disaster. The car was hit head on and was sent up into flames. Brother and sister Dallas and Juliet where the only two in the car hit." At the mention of my mates name I feel my heart stop. I grip onto the desk for support. "James has left with minimal injuries, while sadly the same can not be said for Juliet. She was pronounced killed on impact and her body has burned away with the rest of the car..."  The t.v. shows images of the car in ruins and someone who is obviously Juliet's brother by an ambulance. The news caster keeps talking but I can't hear a word she says. My precious mate is gone. I fold in on myself and fall to the ground. I will never see her perfect smile again or smell her wonderful scent. I barely had any time with her, she was taken from me too early and I wasn't able to save her. I feel like there is a hole in my heart as the tears fall from my eyes.