Chapter-27

_RiAnshCommunity_

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

The next day, as I woke up, I was called by dadi for some post marriage rituals. One of them was that now, the kitchen was officially handed over to me. I would have to make a sweet dish as my first cooked meal in there as the daughter in law of the family.

Aah, these boring rituals. I was made to get up early in the morning where as my groom was allowed to sleep for some more time as he was not required for those rituals. Now, that's what we call cheating. He should have also been asked to get up.

And that is exactly what I did to him. Spoiling my peace, he could not sleep soundly. Even if he could, I would not let him.

After freshening up, I went closer to 'your honour's' sleeping area, the couch, where he was crouched up and sleeping uncomfortably. Drawbacks of being so tall, I guess.

He had promised me that he would control his anger issues. Now, let's see, how much, he could do that.

I picked up the jug kept on the table in our room, opened its lid and emptied it right on his face. Serves him right.

He woke up startled and sat up straight all alarmed.

''What the hell, Riddhima!'' He shouted and I tried my best to keep on an innocent face.

''Oops! Sorry. Happened by mistake.'' I spoke and smiled sweetly. His eyes were turning red due to anger and I knew my plan would be successful. I know, I can't tell his grandmother anything but citing his anger issues, I can very well ask for a divorce and no one can stop me after that, not even him.

''You!'' He started and fisted his hands but stopped in between trying hard to control his anger. I waited for him to continue but to my surprise, he did not. He did not even utter a single word, instead, got up and went to freshen up.

Aha, Mr Raisinghania, trying to keep patience, not bad, but I won't let you be successful in that.

I left the room, in order to finish the left over rituals as soon as possible.

''Good morning dadi.'' I greeted as I bent to touch her feet.

''Good morning beta. May god bless you.'' She replied caressing my hair.

''Beta, listen, as you know, that you have to prepare something sweet today, I advise you to prepare meethi bhaat, as that is Vansh's favourite.

I nodded and left for the kitchen smirking to myself. After about half an hour, I exited the kitchen with a bowl full of aate ka halwa. I kept the dish on the dining table and dusted my hands.

Huh! Why would I make something that is His favourite? Instead I made something that I love. It is not written anywhere that you have to prepare your husband's favourite sweet dish only. After all self love is also something, I thought to myself as I inhaled the aroma of the freshly prepared halwa.

''Arrey, Riddhima, I asked you to prepare meethi bhaat. Why did you prepare halwa?'' Dadi asked as she settled on her seat and I rolled my eyes inwardly.

''Actually dadi, I did not know how to make meethi bhaat. That is why I prepared what I was confident of.'' I replied innocently where as my insides knew the real reason behind not preparing meethi bhaat. I never want him to derive happiness from these small things and consider these as gestures of my acceptance towards him. But of course, I can't tell these things to this old woman. And this made me even more frustrated.