Chapter- 31

SEJAL'S POV:-

"I feel sad for lying to Riddhima, Aangre." I said, keeping my head low, rotating the spoon again and again in the bowl, rather than eating the food. Both of us were, right now, on the terrace of one of the best restaurants of Mumbai, where Aangre had arranged a candle light dinner for us.

Sitting under the moonlight, gentle breeze flowing past you, with the love of your life who, fortunately, reciprocates your feelings, is one of the most beautiful experiences of life but the guilt of having hidden all this from my soul sister and on top of it, lying to her was making me miserable. 

"I understand, how you feel Sejal. Even I don't like lying to bhabhi. I promise, as soon as I find the right opportunity, I will go, talk to her myself and save you from all her scolding. Is that okay?" Aangre replied. His reply brought a smile to my face. Every time this topic was up, he always says that he would shield me from Riddhi's scolding. For that matter, he is always ready to shield me from all the harm that comes my way. 

Oh! How much I love this man! I, sometimes, feel that this must be some dream of mine. Otherwise how an orphan like me got so lucky and got him as my soulmate. I just pray to god that if this is a dream, then this dream never get over and if this is reality then I feel grateful to god for sending such an understanding person in my life.

"Where are you lost?" Aangre snapped his fingers in front of my face and asked. It was then that I realized I had zoned out.

"Nothing. Was just thanking god for sending you in my life. I really love you!" I confessed it once again and he smiled. Taking my hand in his, he brought them close to his lips and gently kissed them.

"I love you too!" 

Both of us had our dinner, chitchatting about random things, laughing or giggling about one thing or the other. It was actually surprising to see that he was the same man who used to stand behind his boss, keeping a stoic expression during work hours whereas now, he is all jolly and vibrant. 

Right now, we were standing hand in hand, looking at the moon shining with its full power on this full moon night. He started narrating an incident of his college time whereas I was just lost in his face. The way his eyebrows frowned whenever, he stressed on a particular word, eyes, having that faraway look which showed that he was down the memory lane, lips curled up in a beautiful smile, reminiscing the old days and his voice, which I could hear sitting for long hours at a stretch, filled with so many emotions. I cannot help but smile looking at him.

"You again zoned out?" He asked a little annoyed due to the absence of my attention.

"Uh huh! I was lost in your beauty." I replied while grinning. 

"Is that so?" Gripping my waist, he pulled me closer. My grin turned into a shy smile as he leaned forward. Looping my hands around his neck, I closed my eyes and tilted my head.

Soon, I could feel his lips, pressed over mine, gently. Moving slowly, he kissed me tenderly. Parting, to catch our breaths, we joined our foreheads against each other and smiled. 

"I love you! I know that I say it a lot of times but I can't stop myself." I hugged him tightly as I spoke.

"And I love hearing it all the time you say this. I love you too!" He whispered in my ear, stroking my hair gently.

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

"Oh!" Wow! After wasting my time, he has this monosyllabic word to say. His silence was annoying me, to be honest. First of all, it was just so embarrassing to open up in front of him like this. Secondly, he is not even saying anything. It is all just so odd. I don't know what his reaction would be? would he understand and respect the situation or would he just find this all distasteful?