53. Unexpected

Top of Xuan Wu mountain is covered with snow. Majestic looking pine trees are lining up to the top. They are the most common trees in the whole forest.

Mist engulfed the mountain. Adding more serene look. It's like a place reserved for a divine being.

Gu Xian comments, "It's a tranquil place. Fit for retirement."

If this is a modern world, a rich developer would have built luxurious villas and sell them for huge profits.

Gu Xian takes out a silinder shaped rubber. He offers it to his daughter.

Elder Gu has sent a sap taken from unknown tree. The hunter team discovered it by accident after chasing a boar.

It is rubber.

Gu Rong changes the metal pacifier into a rubber one. The metal has been dented into a weird shape. Her teeth is super sharp. Comparable to shark teeth.

Gu Xian rubs her head.

He orders, "When you have fully controlled your blood lust, you don't need this anymore."

His daughter smiles to him. She's blessed to find a new family. Loving parents, cute chubby little brother and spirit beast cubs as playmates.

She is a responsible big sister. She plays with Baozi whenever their fathers explore the forests.

Daddy always returned with flustered face. He looked exhausted.

Dad always carried him home. They must have fought big battles in the woods. The monsters must be ferocious ones.

Not much food ingredients left. Only few slices of meats and veggies.

Gu Xian decides to make a hotpot. It's already autumn. The wind breeze is a bit cold in the nighttime.

A huge cauldron filled with delicious warm soup for everyone.

Gu Xian loves spicy foods. He kept adding chili sauce to his bowl. Xin does the same thing.

Yin Mo adds some chili sauce to his bowl.

Gu Xian grabs his hand.

He warns, "Don't eat chillies. You will suffer later."

"Hotpot won't be tasty without chili sauce."

Yin Mo kept adding some chili sauce.

Gu Xian shakes his head. He eats his meal while glancing at his wifey. Yin Mo doesn't notice the pity in his eyes.

A strange one eyed old man arrives when they are enjoying dinner.

He asks, "Smell good. Can I have a bite too? I'm starving."

"Sure," comments Gu Xian while offering a bowl of hotpot.

The hungry old man devours the food eagerly. He is quite shameless because he asks for another bowl.

Gu Xian gives him another bowl.

After eating, he asks for another one.

Gu Xian sighs. He offers few buns for him.

He explains, "I'm sorry, senior. There isn't much left in the cauldron. Please cushion your stomach with this first."

The one eyed old man grabs the buns and leaves without saying thank you.

Gu Xian thinks nothing of it. He helped people, not asking for a reward in return.

He only has one bowl left in the bottom of the cauldron. The cook only got a measly bowl.