Prologue

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. It's a Viking village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. They have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests.

You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. Berk has us.

~~~HTLANF~~~

It was really early in the morning, but it didn't look like it was dark out from the village. There were dragons flying all over the place fighting with Vikings and trying to get livestock and fish and things were catching fire and exploding.

A few of the types of dragons attacking were Deadly Nadders, Hideous Zipplebacks, Gronckles, and Monstrous Nightmares. If you looked closely you could even make out some Terrible Terrors attacking some of the villagers.

The Vikings were doing everything in their power to keep the dragons from stealing all of their food, but they forgot one aspect. A certain dragon they associate with lightning and death itself.

This dragon is called a Night Fury. They are pure black and faster than any other dragons Berk has dealt with.

Which is exactly what she is.

As the raid was progressing she hid in the night sky and waited for the right time to strike. She spotted a Monstrous Nightmare attacking one of the catapults and decided now would be as good a time as any.

The Night Fury dived down and prepared to send her signature plasma blast at the catapult. As she was diving, her wings made a whistling sound that warned about her attack.

This didn't go unnoticed by the Vikings though, as one of them shouted out. "NIGHT FURY! GET DOWN!"

The Night Fury noticed a burly man with a long red beard and a fur cloak shout out an order to the men on the catapult.

"JUMP!"

All of the Vikings then proceeded to jump off right as the Night Fury released her plasma blast onto the catapult and flew off to figure out where to attack next.

Oh, how she loved to cause chaos when she participated in raids for her Queen.

As she was flying around to find another catapult to attack she saw more Vikings join in with the protecting. One particular one that she noticed was a man with a long blonde mustache, a prosthetic hand that looked to be interchangeable, and a peg leg. She shook her head and refocused.

When she did so though, she failed to notice a small teenager rush out of the forge with an interesting contraption to a hill. The boy proceeded to set up the contraption into what seemed to be a launcher of some kind. He looked around the sky with a determined look on his face.

"Come on. Gimme something to shoot at, gimme something to shoot at."

A few seconds go by and the boy spots the Night Fury as she releases a plasma blast onto the catapult in front of the hill. As she flies past he quickly releases a bola from his launcher.

The Night Fury hears this and quickly looks in that direction but is not able to move out of the way fast enough and she gets caught by the bola. With a terrified screech she falls from the sky and into the forest below.

~~~HTLANF~~~