Chapter 10

The next day Hiccup had no training, so he focused on making the saddle and foot pedal. He got up super early to start working on them and was at it the entire morning.

When afternoon came, he rushed to the cove with the finished items and presented them to Kala excitedly. She sniffed them and got excited then she playfully ran away from Hiccup in a catch-me-if-you-can way.

"Hey!" Hiccup yelled as he chased her around the cove.

~~~HTLANF~~~

As the day went on, Hiccup and Kala were testing out the saddle and foot pedal to see if they worked properly. Hiccup changed the position of the tailfin, but a gust of wind hit them and sent them tumbling backwards. When they landed, it seemed to be in a field of very tall grass.

Hiccup got up and looked around for Kala, only to find her rolling around in the grass purring happily. He picked some of it and examined it.

"This may come in handy during training."

~~~HTLANF~~~

At training the next day Hiccup tried to get away from the Gronckle they were going up against for the second time, but he stopped when he remembered the grass that he and Kala discovered the day before. Because of how it affected Kala, they dubbed it Dragon Nip.

He held it up to the Gronckle while looking away then looked at the dragon as it came to a stop while purring as its eyes dilated. Hiccup smiled and started to rub the Dragon Nip on the Gronckle's snout, which made it fall to the ground in pure bliss.

All the teens looked at Hiccup in shock, but Astrid did not look happy at all.

When training ended most of the teens followed Hiccup asking questions.

"What was that? Some kind of trick? What did you do?" Fishlegs asked.

"How'd you do that?" Tuffnut added on.

"It was really cool." Ruffnut said.

"Hey, Hiccup!" Fishlegs tried again.

"Hey, Hiccup, I've never seen a Gronckle do that before!" Snotlout said, trying to get his cousin's attention. Most likely to pry his tricks out of him to use them himself.

Hiccup started to feel really overwhelmed by all the questions being thrown his way.

'C'mon think. Come up with an excuse to get away from them!'

"I left my axe in the ring. You guys go on ahead. I'll catch up with you." Hiccup said as he backed away from the others and dashed back in the direction of the Kill Ring.

Astrid watched him dash off with a glare.

~~~HTLANF~~~

That afternoon Hiccup was spending time with Kala. She was in dragon form again and he was giving her scratches and pets all over to help get some loose scales off. As he was, he scratched under her jaw and she melted into a purring puddle on the ground not able to move, which led to her falling into a blissful sleep.

Hiccup jumped when she fell and looked at his hands.

"I wonder.."

~~~HTLANF~~~

The next day at training Hiccup dodged the Deadly Nadder and was able to get close enough to scratch under its jaw. The Nadder had the same reaction Kala did the day before, falling to the ground in a blissful sleep.

The other teens stopped what they were doing in shock.

"Hiccup, you're totally going to come in first, there's no question." Tuffnut said after recovering from his shock.