Chapter 14

As the night went on Kala and I pointed out constellations to one another and talked over things. I held her close like I was going to lose her if I let go.

Kala messed with the strings of my tunic as we talked, but I could tell something was bothering her.

"You okay?" I asked as I looked at her.

She sighed and stopped messing with the strings.

"I remembered something when we were in the Nest.." She said downcast. My eyes widened and I sat up, Kala having to sit up as well to keep herself from falling.

"What was it?"

"That's just it..it wasn't a memory..more like a realization.." She never made eye contact with me as she spoke. "The queen..she's..why I lost my memories.."

"What? How? I mean I get that she can control dragons, but how could she take away memories?"

Kala looked at me finally. "I don't think she can..but it might have something to do with what happened the day we met..when you released me from the bola that is.."

That made me very confused. What would that have to do with how Kala lost her memories?

"What do you mean Kala?"

"I mean..I think you're how I broke out of her control..and my memory loss was the price..and I couldn't be happier." She explained and smiled lovingly.

I smiled and kissed her passionately. She kissed back just as passionate.

We stayed like that for what felt like forever and we only separated when we were out of air. I rested my forehead against hers as we caught our breath.

"Well I'm glad I woke you from your endless trance milady.~" I said softly.

Kala purred happily. "I like the sound of that.~"

"What? Milady?~" I asked jokingly.

She giggled and kissed my nose.

"Yes.~"

"Then that's what I'll address you as milady.~" I declared and kissed her softly. She kissed back purring.

"I think you promised me a midnight flight.~" Kala said as she grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. I laughed and shook my head.

"I guess I did, didn't I?~"

Kala transformed and I got the saddle and tailfin on for her, then I hopped on and we took off.

~~~HTLANF~~~