Chapter 9

"Now think about what you've done." I said to the Zippleback once it was in the cage cowering away from the eel I tossed in after it. I closed the cage and turned back to everyone else. They all looked shocked. Fishlegs even dropped his bucket. "Okay! So, are we done? Because I've got some things I need to, uh...Yep. I'll...see-see you tomorrow!"

I quickly ran out of the Kill Ring to avoid any questions that would be thrown my way by the others. Not to mention Astrid looked like she wanted to kill me.

Once I was sure that I was far enough away I slowed down to a walk and went to the marketplace to find a suitable fur to make Kala's cloak out of.

'Maybe I could make it out of the same wolf fur that she already has on..or maybe a black bear..no the wolf would be better. That way it goes with her outfit. Yeah.'

I got enough of the black wolf pelts to be able to make multiple cloaks, just in case my first idea didn't go well. I had plenty of scales too.

After I paid for the pelts I went straight to the forge to start working in my personal work room in the back. I set the pelts on my desk and got the scales out of my vest pocket.

I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing together scales and furs. The scales seemed to take the longest since I had to puncture through the tough surface to even put them together. It was all worth it in the end though.

Once the scales were sewn into the fur, I went into the main room and made a clip of Kala's dragon form curled up in midair. I then found an emerald hidden under piles of metal and shaped it to fit in the eye socket of the clip. When I was sure the clip was done, I attached it to the cloak and tested it to make sure it would work properly.

When I was satisfied with the cloak, I put it away in a basket and looked around for my measuring rope again to get the measurements I would need for Kala's saddle. I found it in one of my junk baskets and put it in the basket that had the cloak. I double checked to make sure I had my journal and charcoal stick then I grabbed the basket and left for the cove.

~~~HTLANF~~~

The weather in the cove was perfect today. I decided since it was so nice that I would take a dip in the lake in my human form. I made sure that my clothes were off first though. They were so comfy and warm that I didn't want them to get ruined. Plus Hiccup gave them to me.

I blushed a bit and smiled, then held my breath and dived underwater.

As I was swimming around and playing with the fish that I passed by I caught a glimpse of Hiccup coming into the cove. I smirked a bit and stayed underwater as he looked around for me.

I heard him mumble to himself as he set down the small basket he had in hand.

When he wasn't looking I transformed and jumped onto him from the water.

Hiccup screamed and covered his face with his arms in self defense. I laughed and nuzzled his arms. He peeked at me then glared.

"Not funny."

I transformed again, giggling while sitting in his lap.

"It was to me."

Hiccup rolled his eyes while trying not to look at my chest. I smiled and got up, shaking the water off of me. Once I was dry enough I put my clothes back on.

"So how did training go today?"

"Better. It was chaotic as usual, but I got to shock everyone when I used the eel to put the Zippleback into its cage. Tossed it in with it to keep it from attacking again."

I lightly whacked him on the head.

"When you leave you are going back to that ring and getting the eel out of that cage. Don't forget to apologize to the poor thing either."

Hiccup rubbed his head and nodded.

"Got it. A-anyways, I got your cloak for you."

Hiccup went to the basket and pulled out the most beautiful cloak I had ever seen. The shoulders of it were covered in my scales, while the rest of it was the same fur that was used for my vest and boots, and the clip was a beautiful Night Fury curling up in midair.

"It's so beautiful Hiccup. Thank you."

Hiccup smiled and helped me put it on.

"Of course Kala. A beautiful girl like you deserves a beautiful cloak to compliment her beauty, don't ya think?"

I giggled and nodded. "How long did this take you? You asked about making this just this morning."

"All afternoon, but it was definitely worth it."

"Indeed it was. I am never getting rid of this." I said as I wrapped myself in the warmth of my new cloak. I sat down on the ground and motioned for Hiccup to sit next to me. He obliged and enjoyed the sunlight coming down on us. "Can you tell me about your village?"

Hiccup looked at me a bit worried.

"A-are you sure you wanna know?"

I nodded.

"I wanna know everything I can about you."

"A-alright then."

He told me everything from the history of the island, to his own past. I listened intently, growing all the more interested in the boy beside me as he talked. We stayed in that same spot for hours, the sun beginning to set as the day was drawing to a close.

"And out of everyone, my dad is the worst. Sure, he's an amazing chief, but not the best dad. He always looks at me with this...disappointed scowl. Like someone skimped on the meat in his sandwich." Hiccup got up and cleared his throat then started to walk around while imitating his father. "Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

I burst out laughing and I fell to the ground from my sitting position while holding my stomach. Hiccup laughed as well and joined me on the ground again.

"O-oh gods that's hilarious!" I said between laughs as I tried to calm down from my laughing fit.

Hiccup smiled at me with a light blush.

"I'm glad you liked it. Gobber wasn't too impressed with the impression when I did it for him the day you and I met."

I sat up and smiled. "Well I think it was wonderful."

We smiled at one another for a bit, then we broke eye contact blushing. I pushed some hair out of my face and Hiccup cleared his throat.

"A-anyways..um..you think I could get some measurements for the saddle before I go?"

I nodded and transformed then got up so Hiccup could get the measurements he needed. He got up as well and got his measuring rope out of the basket and then went to work. After a little bit he had everything he needed and he left after we exchanged a hug.

~~~HTLANF~~~