Chapter 2

I groaned as I came to a stop and slowly got up shaking my head. 'That really hurt...'

I looked around the area once the pounding in my head started to die down. I was in a well hidden cove that was surrounded by high rock walls in a big circle. There was a large tree that had roots that grew down into the cove, along with other roots growing down the walls, trees on the ground and some foliage here and there. There were also boulders and rocks scattered about. The one thing that stood out was the lake and the waterfall.

It looked beautiful.

But I couldn't stay here. I had no idea where I was or if this place was even safe for me. So, with my mind set I tried to fly off, but I was barely a few feet up when I suddenly crashed again.

I growled in annoyance and kept trying over and over again to take off, but every time ended in failure.

I tried to run and take off, jump from boulders, and even climb the walls, but nothing was working.

I was frustrated to the point where I kept trying for hours. I barely registered that the sun set and rose again hours later in my attempts to escape the cove.

~~~HTLANF~~~

After Dragon Training I rushed back into the forest to look for the Night Fury again. I don't know why I wanted to, but the last thing Gobber said before dismissing us stuck with me.

"Remember: a dragon will always – always – go for the kill."

As I found the area where the dragon crashed the day before, I crouched down and examined the bola I cut apart to release her. I don't know why I thought the dragon was a girl, but I just had this gut feeling that it was.

I picked up a piece of the remains of the bola as I thought about what Gobber said.

"So why didn't you?"

I dropped the bola and started heading in the direction I saw the Night Fury fly off in before I passed out. It didn't take long until I found a hidden cove. I looked around from above and then groaned when I noticed it was empty.

"Well, this was stupid."

Just as those words left my mouth I noticed something shimmer on the ground near the edge of the cove. I bent down and picked it up looking it over. It was a black dragon scale, most likely from the Night Fury.

As I was examining the scale, something sped past me and made me fall back. I quickly got up and rushed to a hiding spot to see what was trying to get out of the cove. When I peeked over a boulder I saw it was the Night Fury I had shot down.

I got out my journal and charcoal stick then began to sketch out the dragon on an empty set of pages.

She kept trying to get out, but became frustrated and shot the wall that she was facing. I looked up from my quick sketch and tilted my head a bit.

"Why don't you just...fly away?" I whispered, but as I looked closer at the dragon I noticed she was missing one of her tailfins. I quickly erased the left tailfin in my sketch and looked back at the dragon.

She hadn't seen me yet, which was a relief. The Night Fury tried to get a fish out of the lake, but failed and got a little upset. Then she did something I never expected.

She transformed into a human.

A gorgeous female with long black hair that was as dark as the night sky, eyes that still glowed the most beautiful green, and a perfectly small and sculpted body. The one thing that stood out the most though was that she was naked except for the scales that covered her chest and privates.

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.

As I looked at her, I felt something begin to run down my face and I touched my upper lip, seeing that there was blood coming from my nose. Then everything went black.

~~~HTLANF~~~

As I transformed into my human form to get a meal better, I heard something start to fall. I quickly noticed it was the Viking boy that released me and transformed back into a dragon then caught him before he could hit the ground.

I took him further into the cove and laid him down in the shade of the trees to protect him from the blaring sunlight.

I huffed and became human again.

"What is this human doing all the way out here?" I whispered as I got a good look at the knocked out boy in front of me. He was rather cute. I didn't realize just how cute he looked the first time I saw him because of how frightened I was about the whole situation.

His auburn hair framed his face just right, and his skin was covered by adorable freckles. One thing I noticed was a faded out scar that was on the right side of his chin.

"I wonder how he got that scar.."

I sat down and kept looking him over, completely forgetting about getting myself some fish to eat.

As I kept examining him I saw that there was blood coming out of his nose. I scanned him for any other signs of injury and noticed that there was some blood on his hand, probably from the nosebleed. I then got up and looked around the cove for something to wipe away the blood with. Using his tunic was out of the question. The people in his village would probably worry over him if they saw blood on his clothing. I found some soft moss to use and went back over to the boy, softly wiping away the blood with the moss.

After I finished cleaning him up I just sat there and waited for him to wake.

In the silence I got lost in my thoughts. 'How did I end up here? Where even is here? All I can remember before this boy found me yesterday, is flying in search of a place to rest and then..nothing..maybe I should ask when he wakes up.'

~~~HTLANF~~~