Chapter 8

The next morning I instantly regretted staying up all night. I was yawning constantly as I was walking to the cove with the prosthetic and clothes for Kala.

'Note to self. Never stay up all night ever again. I am definitely gonna die in training today..'

When I got to the cove I saw Kala sunbathing in her dragon form. I blushed a bit and smiled. Even as a dragon she's beautiful.

I quietly went over to her and I gently started petting her. She began to purr as she leaned into my touch and I chuckled a bit and stopped as she got up.

"Hey Kala. I finished the tailfin." I held up the prosthetic for her and she sniffed it then nodded in approval. "Um..you think you could turn human real quick? I brought you some clothes too.." I looked away blushing deeply.

Kala transformed and smiled a bit. "You didn't have to bring me clothes Hiccup. I can go without."

"W-well I figured they would come in handy when Winter comes..a-and I didn't know if you would ever want to sleep as a human..s-so.."

Kala giggled and hugged me.

"Thank you."

We pulled apart and I handed her the outfit.

"Y-you look to be my size so I just b-brought you some of mine that I rarely wear. I-I hope they fit."

Kala looked over the outfit then put it on. It fit her like a glove. I blushed deeply and had to cover my nose as it started to bleed.

"Well? How do I look?" She asked as she did a slow turn to show me all sides of her.

"B-breathtaking.." I whispered and she blushed lightly with a smile.

"T-thank you for the clothes." She said shyly as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. I nodded and tried to wipe the blood away with my sleeve.

I shook my head to get rid of the blush and cleared my throat. "Are you able to transform with the clothes on, or would they tear?"

Instead of answering me verbally, Kala transformed and her clothes disappeared with her human form. Nothing tore apart or even fell off of her. I smiled and nodded.

"Good to know. You wanna test this tailfin out?"

She jumped around excitedly and kept nudging me as I went to put it on her tail while trying not to laugh.

"Okay, okay. Calm down would ya?"

Because she was so excited, I had to sit on her tail to even get the thing on her. I tightened the straps and made sure it was secure then I looked back at Kala.

"This too tight?"

Kala shook her head and I smiled.

"Great. So since I haven't made the saddle or foot pedal yet, I'm gonna have to hold it open from back here."

She whined a bit at that. I went up to her and hugged her.

"I'll be okay. I know you won't let me get hurt. We'll just fly around the cove, okay? That way if I fall off I can try to land in the lake. Sound good?"

Kala nodded and nuzzled me. I smiled and nuzzled her back then I went back to her tail and held onto it the best I could. Once I was sure that I wouldn't slip, I grabbed the prosthetic and held it open.

"Okay Kala. Ready whenever you are."

As soon as those words left my mouth, she shot up like a bullet. I yelped and held onto her tail a bit tighter, but I made sure to keep the tailfin open. After a bit I laughed, but then I noticed that we're heading straight for one of the walls, so I quickly adjusted the tailfin and Kala started to turn back into the cove.

"YES! IT'S WORKING! I DID IT!"

As I was celebrating our victory, I accidentally let go of the tailfin and before I realized, both of us were screaming as we fell into the lake.

~~~HTLANF~~~

When we fell into the lake I quickly came up to the surface and looked around frantically for Hiccup. A few seconds later he popped up excitedly, scaring me a bit.

"Yeah! That was awesome! Now all I need to do is make the saddle and foot pedal, then we'll have you flying again in no time!"

Hiccup hugged me tightly and I hugged back with my head purring. As we separated I nudged him to the exit as we got out of the lake. Hiccup sighed and nodded as I shook myself dry.

"Yeah I probably should get going. Don't wanna be late for training. Um..you think you could give me a tip on how to get through today? I think we're going against a Zippleback.."

I transformed and smiled.

"Maybe try having an eel with you. All dragons hate them. They can make us really sick."

Hiccup nodded and smiled.

"Thanks. I'll see you later!" He said as he ran off while waving.

I waved back and sighed happily.

"That boy sure is getting a good grip on my heart."

~~~HTLANF~~~

As I was leaving I remembered that I was going to ask Kala something, so I quickly turned around and ran back to the cove.

"Hey Kala?"

Kala turned around and tilted her head to the side. "Yes Hiccup?"

"Do you think I could use your shed scales to make something?"

"What are you wanting to make with them?"

I blushed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"W-well..I w-wanted to make you a cloak with them..t-that way you could have extra warmth for your human form during Winter.."

Kala smiled and nodded.

"Of course you can use my scales."

I smiled as her and I started looking around the cove and collecting any black scales we came across. After a few minutes I put all the scales into a pocket in my vest then I hugged Kala one last time and left to get to training. But first, I needed to find an eel.

~~~HTLANF~~~