Chapter 1

Later on that same morning, the Viking teen goes in search of the Night Fury to prove that he can be a Viking. At the same time, the Night Fury was struggling to get out of the bola she was trapped in.

~~~HTLANF~~~

'This damn bola won't break!' I thought as I kept struggling to break out of it. 'What in the name of Akatosh is this made out of?!'

I tried for a few more minutes, then just gave up with a groan.

'Oh the Queen is going to be so mad when I get back. Of all the things that defeated me, it just had to be a bola.'

As I laid there with my eyes closed, I listened to the forest around me. It was rather peaceful compared to the Nest. There was no fighting going on around me constantly here. All I could hear was the breeze, sea, and a teenage boy getting hit in the face with a branch.

Wait.

I stiffened up and slowed my breathing down.

'Oh this is it! This must be Akatosh's punishment for being shot down! I'm done for!'

As I was freaking out I could hear the teen talking.

"Oh, wow. I did it. Oh, I did it! This fixes everything! Yes!" I could feel him rest his foot on my face. Most likely in a heroic pose. "I have brought down this mighty beast!"

That upset me a little bit, so I moved my head and the boy got scared as he moved away from the force I pushed at.

"Whoa!"

I looked at him as he pulled out his knife and pointed it at me, shaking out of fear. He was trying to act brave though.

He came close to me still pointing the knife my way.

"I'm going to kill you, dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father. I'm a Viking. I am a Viking!"

I locked eyes with him and could see that we were both terrified. Me because I was about to get killed by a small Viking teenager, and him because I was the most feared dragon in his entire village. After a few seconds I gave in and lay my head down on the ground with my eyes closed.

What surprised me was when I heard him sigh in defeat.

"I did this."

I grew nervous as I heard him kneel down next to me and I felt his hand brush against my hide. Everything grew fuzzy and I actually passed out rather than just having my eyes closed.

~~~HTLANF~~~

As the young Viking worked away at cutting apart the bola, the noise of the blade cutting through the rope woke up the dragon and her gaze darted towards him, then her body, then him again.

Once the bola was completely cut free, the teen backed away from the Night Fury slowly to give it room to get free. She noticed this and sprung from her spot, pinning him to a boulder that was behind him, feeling threatened.

The boy yelped in freight as he was pinned, trying to get as far away from the dragon as he could as she glared daggers at him. But as he was inching further against the rock he noticed something dawn on the dragon, as though she realized something as they locked eyes.

Before he could do or say a word, though, the dragon roared in his face as a warning then flew away, albeit off balance. The teen gripped his chest as he watched the Night Fury struggle to fly away as he tried to calm down.

When he thought he was calm enough, he stood from his spot on the ground and began to try and make his way back to the village. Not even two steps and he passed out on the forest floor.

What the boy didn't realize, though, was that the Night Fury had crashed into a cove further into the forest.

~~~HTLANF~~~