Chapter 02

Elly

"I'm sorry again. I shouldn't have brought it up" Lisa's sad voice came through the phone.

"For the tenth time Lisa, It's alright. I forgive you. But don't bring it up again. It's all in the past anyway" I replied giving a deep sigh. "I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Okay... Bye...." she hung up.

I threw my phone on the bed and stared at the ceiling wondering in my thoughts. It had been two years but it still stung my heart as it had happened few days ago. I was foolish. But who could blame a fifteen years old for having a crush on her future alpha. It was that age, everyone had a crush on someone.

And just like any other girl did, I had a crush on Drake, our future alpha. But I never tried to express my feelings like most girls did. Or not even thought about it. It was just an innocent crush, where Lisa and I shared together. But it became my worst nightmare and the so called crush ended with it.

I couldn't still believe, I agreed to give Drake a present on his sixteenth birthday. It was Lisa's idea. So I bought a leather journal with a wolf engraving while Lisa bought a bracelet for him. We made cards, but no hearts. And we simply wished him 'Happy Birthday', nothing else.

It was because we just wanted to give those as friends not like someone who had a crush on him. Some crushes were meant to keep inside your heart, we believed.

As I was destined to face my fate alone and make myself embarrassed, Lisa couldn't show up at school that day. She called in the morning and was sad, not being able to give her present on his birthday. Eventhough I couldn't remember her reason, I remembered telling her to give her present next day. And I wished, I could have waited for Lisa, to give my present with her next day. But that wasn't what fate had planned for me on that day.

Sure I was nervous, but never worried about what he would think about my present as I was going to give it to him as a friend. During lunch time I went up to him, where he sat with my brother and others. And of course 'Bella twins' and Biyanka were there too.

"Drake" I called his name. "Happy Birthday!" I wished giving him my present. And that was it. I was about to turn around and go on my way, when Biyanka snatched the birthday card from his hand to read it. I didn't worry about it until she read it out loud, so everyone in the cafeteria could hear it.

"Happy Birthday! Drake" she read. " I have been in love with you for years. But I'm confessing it now. I hope you would love me, so I can become your Luna. Please love me back. Your fated love Elly" she finished.

The moment she finished, whole cafeteria bursted out laughing. It was pathetic and begging for love. I snatched the card out from her hand to read it, thinking that she made up those lines. But my eyes jumped out of their sockets, when I saw words written inside the card. After my simple 'Happy Birthday', someone else had written those words. And I stood there shocked before I speak.

"I didn't write these" I told them including Roy who sat there shocked about my sudden love confession for Drake. Tears filled my eyes out of anger and shame.

"So are you saying you never liked Drake? He is your crush. Isn't it?" Biyanka asked.

It was true that I liked him. But I never thought about being something else other than his friend. Not like Biyanka, the 'Luna wannabe' as we called her.

"It's true I like him but..." The cafeteria roared with laughter for the second time. And Drake spoke up.

"You are pathetic. You are too weak to be a warrior, let alone a Luna" He sneered.

That hit a very sensitive spot. And tears fell from my eyes freely. You never ever tell a warrior's child that she was weak. It was a shame to her and her family. Roy punched Drake on his face and took me away. I cried on to his shoulder and he caressed my back until I calmed down.

That bullying went for weeks and I refused to go to school. Not until my mom and dad had a talk with our Alpha. He found out what exactly happened and made sure everybody knew the truth. It was twins who wrote those words inside my card when I was not around. They told Biyanka and some other boys and waited until I came.

They came and apologised to me as per Alpha Anderson's order. He brought Drake separately and made him apologised for his mean words. I forgave them but never forgot what they did to me. I stayed as far as I can away from their sight and spoke only when it was really really necessary.

I dedicated my time for training as much as I did with studies. Or may be little less than studies. But I refused to train with others and needed a flexible schedule with competitions and practicals I was participating. So in the end dad decided to train me with Alpha's permission and only few knew about it. 

So after all that happened, everything went smoothly for me and I couldn't be more happier.