Chapter 38

Alpha Anderson

Elly growled at him but it wasn't nothing compared to the growl Drake made. He tried to walked towards Morris but I stopped him.

"Let them come near me and I'll rip their heads off" Drake gritted his teeth and glared at twins. Their smiles dropped and fear took over. Christabella stepped infront of them hiding her daughters behind her back. Mother instincts!

'Where's Matt, Ryan?' I asked about his brother in-law through the mindlink.

'Saving penguins in Antarctica' he snickered.

'What?!' I raised my eyebrow, 'A wolf saving penguins? I would be grateful if he could save us from his family'

Ryan bit back a laugh, 'you know how he is. And I'm sure they chose today on purpose'

I nodded at him. My father cleared his throat getting our attention.

"Your granddaughters as Lunas? Not bad Morris. You still aim higher" my father mocked, "but what about Elly? She has to leave the pack if Drake choose another mate. And I don't think it will do any better"

Elly's eyes widened, "what?!"

"You don't need to worry about it dear" Warren tried to comfort Elly, "she can mate with my son and stay in the pack. If nobody say a word, council wouldn't know"

I growled at the same time Drake and Ryan did. So that was his plan.

"SHE. IS. MINE!"

Drake lunged at Warren his wolf taking over and I didn't stop him this time. He went too far and he needed to be teach a lesson. Drake punched his face making Warren fall down and he jumped on starting to hit him several times. Thomas and Ryan tried to get Drake off of Warren but they didn't succeed.

"Drake, that's enough!" I used an Alpha command on his wolf before he could kill Warren.

Drake stopped and got up walking towards frightened Elly. He embraced Elly in a tight hug inhaling her scent to calm his wolf down.

"What a mess!"

I turned my head towards the voice. Professor Alaric! I totally forgot about him.

Warren got up from the floor with the help of Morris, wiping his mouth to get rid of the blood. He glared at Drake fuming with anger.

"I demand a punishment for this boy" he pointed at Drake, "he could be future Alpha but he doesn't have the right to treat me this way. I'm an Elder after all"

I gritted my teeth, but before I could reply Professor Alaric beat me to it.

"Then why don't you behave like one?" He asked, "Elders' duty is to guide the pack and Alpha by giving advices and taking actions when necessary. They do it for the benefit of the pack, not for their own personal gain"

For once I was glad he was here.

"That's what we're doing" Warren spat.

"There is no law that says Luna can't work or must not hold another important role in the pack. This is a modern world and there are Lunas who are doctors just like Elly" Professor Alaric shrugged.

"But Elders in the pack can decide that and this matter should not be your concern" Morris said this time.

Professor Alaric laughed, "but there are only two of you and four Elders are against you. And this does concern me" he looked at Warren, "didn't you try to get a position in the council few weeks ago. What did you tell them....?" Warren's face paled. "That Mary's daughter will be your daughter in-law and since she's going to do whatever you say, they better give you a position in the council? Did you plan to get rich and get whatever you want by putting werewolves' lives on the line? What? You thought Elly is your genie?" He was furious.

I felt my blood boiling too. His plan was bigger than I thought.

"Is that true?" I asked Warren eventhough I wanted to beat him to death.

"Of course it's true" professor Alaric said, "don't you know I'm a council member. I came here specially to inspect that. Since I know what's the truth now I can report back. But if I were you Anderson..." He turned towards me, "I'll use this opportunity to remove them from their positions and banish them. If they stay it'll be a threat to future Alpha and Luna. Since they tried to use their positions for their own personal gain, they are guilty. They were going against the law and I'll be your witness if necessary"

I blinked few times processing what he said. Yes! This was the perfect time!

"You have our votes too Anderson" my father said, "banish them"

"No!"

"You can't"

Morris and Warren shouted. Christabella stepped back in fear with her daughters holding her hands.

"Elder Morris and Elder Warren" I used my Alpha tone and they stood straight, "you used your position in the pack for your personal gain and by doing that you tried to destroy the future of our pack. You plot against the Alpha family and I consider you as a threat to us and to the pack" I took a deep breath, "so taking those into consideration I here by remove you from your positions and banish you and your families from our pack. And Christabella.." I looked at her.

"Yes Alpha?" She bowed her head shaking and I continued,

"I'll forgive you this time for the sake of Matt and Mary. But if you do something like this again I'm going to banish you too along with your daughters. Understood?"

"Y..yes Alpha! Thank you!" She let out breath of relief and ran out dragging her daughters. The crowd cheered finally seeing an end of the chaos and accepting their future Luna.

Two warriors came and took Morris and Warren out of our sight. They would be given some time to pack and would be under warriors' inspection until they leave the pack ground.

I let out a deep breath trying to relax my mind. What a day it was...!

But I knew this wasn't over when my father spoke up, getting the attention of the crowd once again.

"It's good and we're happy that everything settled down. But..." He looked at Drake. Oh no! Don't tell me..."Drake, the future Alpha, needed to be punish for his violent actions against an Elder and we ask Alpha's permission to proceed"