Chapter 14

Elly

I let out a sigh of relief. They all went for a run in their wolves forms leaving Josh and I alone. Drake was so mad at us and I was afraid he would do something out of anger. It was surprised to see the way he reacted towards us even when he didn't know I was his mate. Might be the pull between mates.

"So...?"

I snapped out of my train of thoughts and looked at the guy beside me. I forgot he was there.

"So?" I repeated his question. Josh was a handsome guy, with brown hair and grey eyes and well built body suited for a warrior, but he wasn't muscular or handsome like Drake. I bit my lips. Did I just say Drake was handsome? Urgh! Stupid mate bond!

"I'll drive you home. We can talk on the way" He gestured me to follow him and I nodded. On our way back to my home, we talked about lots of things. Like how we should behave infront of others and what should we tell others about not moving in together. I told him that he should tell me right away when he want to end this fake drama. And I made him promise about my secret. Josh said he would drive me to school and would drop me off, like a real mate would do. I agreed.

I felt guilty when Lisa called to congratulate us. She was so happy and we talked about her upcoming birthday. Next day Josh picked me up as he promised and told me how had Drake destroyed his room. Everybody was afraid because their Alpha was out of control.

Was I being too selfish? Should I have accepted him? No,no,no...what was I thinking? I couldn't let history repeat itself and it was too late to do anything anyway. Josh coughed getting my attention towards him.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm okay" I smiled but I could say he didn't believe it.

"So why...?"

"Why what?" I looked at him.

"Why don't you want Drake as your mate?" He questioned. I looked away and stayed silent.

"Is it because of what happened between you two?"

"Josh!"

"Okay, I'm sorry" He focused on the road driving. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he spoke up again.

"Do you know Elly?" He glanced at me. "It's hard. I mean very very hard to stay away from your mate. Since he's an Alpha I can't imagine his pain"

"He DOESN'T KNOW I'm his mate" I said angrily.

"Okay, geez calm down"

I huffed annoyed but that made Josh laughed.

"Okay! now tell me your secret. How did you hide your scent from him"

I took out my perfume bottle and shook it infront him. "This is my secret"

He looked surprised. "Really! That thing can hide your scent? Wow! You're a genius"

"Not really. It can't actually hide my scent. This perfume is strong and it repress other smells for few hours. If I stay longer without applying this again then Drake would be able to smell my scent"

He mouth shaped an 'o'

"So what about sparks and the pull. You can't hide them too, right? Or can you?" He widened his eyes.

I laughed, "you won't feel any sparks if you use wolfsbane regularly... Don't look at me like that. I don't do that it's risky" I hit his side playfully. He laughed too.

"Okay, then how?" He asked.

"To feel sparks, skin needed to be touch. So I stay away as far as possible. Since I can smell his scent I avoid him. And the pull... it won't affect you unless you come near each other" I explained.

"Wow! You're are really smart"

"That has nothing to do with your brain Josh. It's all in the books"

"Haha...not a fan"

I rolled my eyes. Josh pulled the car into the car park and I didn't like what I was seeing. Usually I come early to the school but today Josh wanted to put on a show infront of Biyanka, so we came little late than others. So here they were, my lovely audience in the car park watching us as we parked near them. Drake, Ian, Mike, Lucas, Roy, Claire, Biyanka and the twins, they all turned their heads towards us when we got out. My face heated up but Josh came around and put his hand around my waist. And he smiled encouraging me.

'Smile Elly! Remember, you're my mate. You're in love with me..' he mindlinked.

'Okay! Sorry' I replied back.

We walked towards the group and I could feel Drake's intense stare at me. I hesitated for a moment but looked up, to see Drake's attention on Josh's hand around my waist. He looked up straight in my eyes then looked away.

"Hello! New couple, so how's your love life going?" Claire teased.

"It's only yesterday we found each other Claire. But I can say I'm the happiest man on earth" Josh replied and I smiled.

"As if" One of the twins snorted. "I can't believe you two. Her birthday was three months ago. So why now?" She mocked.

"I think moon goddess might have listened to my prayers. I asked her to give me someone who care about me and accept me as who I am" he glanced at Biyanka for a second. "And when I saw Elly that day at the hospital, near my bed, I thought would I be lucky to have someone like this" he looked at me and kissed my hand. "I guess I'm lucky after all"