Chapter 18

Drake

I was about to get up from my seat when Lucas spoke up.

"But she is not a warrior or I have not seen her train. So she can't be the one who fought with us" Lucas said looking in-between us.

All my hopes went crashing down. It was true, she never trained.

"Ah! about that..." Roy scratched back of his neck, "dad trained her by himself. Only few knew including Alpha Anderson"

Mike and Lucas had their mouths opened in shock and I was surprised to hear that too. How far would my father go for Elly? I shook my head smiling.

"So you're telling me your sister beat us that day, by HERSELF!" Mike snorted. "It can't be"

"She is a warrior's daughter, you idiot! Fighting comes to her naturally and she works hard. I have seen her" Roy growled. 

Mike muttered a 'Sorry'

"I asked Biyanka" Claire looked at me. "She said Josh didn't accept her rejection"

"So that means they're pretending. But why Josh chose Elly? Does he know Elly is your mate?" Ian questioned.

I was overwhelmed with new found information on my mate, Elly. Elly was my mate. My mate was Elly. Elly was mine!

I felt all kind of emotions at that moment. I was happy, sad, angry and was impatient too. I understood why did she not want to come forward but how could she decided to reject our bond. I wanted to find her, to tell her to give me a chance and I wanted to embrace her so badly, to feel her warmth, her touch and the sparks. I would be able to die happily now, since I knew Elly was my mate.

"Earth to Drake" Lucas waved a hand infront of my face.

"Are you happy now? You finally found your mate" Claire said giving me a smile.

"I need to talk to Elly first. It will be hard but she's my mate" I smiled, loving the way it sounded when I said that.

"Wow! I thought Ian just imagined things but I can see now, you like Elly a lot" Lisa looked surprised. 

"You have no idea" Ian chuckled.

"So how are you going to do this?" Roy questioned. "I'm asking because you know, she avoided you for nearly four months. And she didn't even bother to tell her brother or her best friend. She's keeping all the things to herself and I'm sure it's because of what had happened in the past" he breathed out, "since I know you really like her, I'll give you my support but I care about my sister too"

"What are you trying to say Roy?" I asked confused.

"I'm going to take the middle ground. I'll help you but I won't let you push her hard or forced. And I don't want Elly to think that no one is taking her side or understand her" Roy sighed. "All I'm asking is that let the mate bond works on its magic. Win her heart first"

I laughed. "Roy, why do you think I waited all these months for my mate?" I got angry. "I could have easily found her if I have told my father. But I didn't. I tried to find her because I wanted to see who my mate was. She was hiding from me. You know how hard it is to stay away from your mate after you found her" I lashed out.

"Calm down Drake. He's just worried about Elly. You know how she was back then. She even didn't come to school" Claire defended.

"Umm..." Lisa lifted her hand. "I know this is not best time but I have to say something too" she said timidly. "Umm...I...I agree with Roy. I'm going to stay out of this too. I think you figured it out because of what I said. I already feel guilty towards Elly and I don't want to loose my best friend. Whatever happened here I'll keep it to myself. And don't include me in your future plans because I don't want to lie to her. Actually I can understand why did she not say anything to me. She didn't want me to put in a tight spot between my Alpha and the best friend" she looked at me, "I'm sorry but I wish you good luck"

I nodded my head, "it's alright. I understand"

Lisa let out a sigh of relief and mumbled a 'Thank you!'.

"Well...if you want to talk to Elly" Claire motioned me to look front, "she's coming this way" I snapped my head to the direction where she had pointed. "But it would be best if you talk to her alone" She added. 

I nodded my head agreeing but my eyes were on Elly. She looked beautiful and calm, just like she always did. She walked towards us searching for someone and when looked up her eyes met mine. Seeing that my eyes were already on her, Elly's eyes widened and that put a smile on my face. She blushed and looked away making my heart flutter at that simple action. If only she knew how happy I was.

Elly stopped walking and her eyes glazed over. Someone was mindlinking her. I looked at my friends at the table but it wasn't any of them. They were busy stealing glances between Elly and me. I saw someone passed in a blur and he walked towards Elly. I groaned, recognising he was Josh. Josh whispered something to Elly and she looked shocked. She looked at us nervously, fear flashing across her eyes and I guessed, Josh heard us after all.