Chapter 29

Thank you for voting DivyaDelphine, naaeemahs, LauraHitt1

Elly

My heart hammered in my chest uncontrollably. And I held my breath when he stepped closer making me freeze on my spot. I looked into his dark eyes when he pulled me up against him. Drake buried his head in the crook of my neck inhaling deeply and placed a kiss on the spot where his mark would be. Shivers ran down my spine and I bit back moans that threatened to spill out of my lips when he placed small kisses along my neck. I was gripping his shirt tightly and he stopped kissing when he reached my ear, only to whisper in his strong deep voice.

"I don't have an obsession with roses, Elly" he breathed, "I only have the obsession with the one who smell like them" He kissed.

He slowly brought his face to the front grazing his nose along my cheek, allowing tiny sparks to spread through our skins. He touched my forehead with his, still closing his eyes and took a deep breath in.

"You're driving me crazy, baby! I know that for sure" he said and placed a kiss on my forehead smiling.

I hugged him back placing my head on his chest and listened to the rhythm of his heart beat. It was music to my ears and I breathed in his scent letting myself relax into his warmth that radiated from his body. We stayed like that for few more minutes enjoying the comfortable silence and Drake pulled away telling me that we have to go.

Drake drove nearly fifteen minutes now and I was sure we were still inside our boarders. He took a road through the forest that I wasn't familiar with. When we reached the destination I looked around but I couldn't see anything other than trees which surrounded us. I quirked my eyebrows at Drake questioning but he only chuckled.

"Wait here. Don't come out" that was all he said.

He opened the back door and started to take some things out. I heard him walk away after closing the door and he took nearly ten minutes to come back. He opened my door and grabbed my hand helping me to get out. I gasped in surprised when he covered my eyes with a cloth.

"Drake!" I mumbled nervously, "What are you doing?!"

"It's a surprise, baby. Don't worry! I got you. Just trust me" he said.

He put one hand around my waist while the other grabbed my hand. He guided me through the forest walking slowly and after like forever we stopped. I heard the sound of water flowing and smelled different types of flowers. The sun was out warming my skin but the wind was bit chilly giving a soothing touch relaxing my body. I took a deep breath in and let it out smiling. The perfect weather!

"I can see you're already loving this even though you cannot see anything" Drake whispered.

I clearly forgot that I was not alone and I could feel his smile. I nodded my head agreeing and he removed the cloth. It took some time for me to adjust my eyes to the light. But when I saw what was around me only one sentence came out of my mouth.

"Oh my God!"

I chanted over and over again while I looked around trying to take everything in. We were in the middle of a flower field where it had different types of flowers with so many various colours. It was mid spring so even trees were covered in flowers with some green leaves sticking out from here and there. End of field was the lake and its waves hit the shore in a rhythm while the water glistened under the sunlight. Some birds flew over the lake and few dove into the water only to come up with a fish in their beaks. Bees buzzed here and there while tiny colourful butterflies fluttered around us chasing each other. I felt like I was in a enchanted garden and I didn't want to break out from the spell.

Drake put his hand on my back and gave me a gentle push to move forward. We walked silently until we stopped infront of a giant tree near the lake. It was covered in flowers with every shade of pink and we walked around only to be surprised again!

"Drake!" I whispered not knowing what to say.

Infront of me was a large blanket with a woven picnic basket in the middle of it. And he had already laid out plates with cutlery and two glasses. Drake came up from behind and hugged me placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

I nodded my head looking up, "I love it! This is the best date ever" I grinned.

He chuckled and we sat down taking foods out from the basket. It had so many foods including sandwiches, sausage rolls, chicken drumsticks and two salads with some fruits. We started to eat silently enjoying the nature around us while sipping some orange juice he had brought.

I was full after devouring those delicious foods and I walked towards the lake with a bread slice in my hand to feed the ducks that I just saw around. I looked back and smiled at Drake who sat comfortably with his back against the tree trunk watching me. After feeding and watching the ducks I walked back slowly seeing Drake had fell asleep in the same position he was before. I stood near him admiring his features and debated whether I should wake him up or not. Drake opened his eyes slowly and pulled my hand making me fall onto his lap. I shrieked in surprised and he smiled putting his hands around my waist.

"You're so beautiful, Elly!" He whispered caressing my cheek.

My face heated up and I looked away avoiding his eyes. But his hand cupped my cheek and turned my face to look at him. I stared into his eyes letting myself lost in them and I closed mine when his breath fanned my skin. Warm lips pressed against my own and I kissed him back, drowning in the feeling that spread through my body burning. Kissing was all I could think of and my first kiss was way better than anything I had imagined.