=Slippery Roads=

Amour

My body tenses up as I feel Trésor's body shake in fear at the man coming towards us.

Why is she scared?

Why is the man smirking?

The man ignores my glare, smirking at her, "Cricket?"

Before I could say anything, I feel Trésor's body go limp in my hand. My heart starts to race, I kneel down, checking for any external injury. Sweat beads form on her forehead.

Oliver and some of the men in my security run towards me, surrounding us while I make sure Evangeline is okay.

"Tresor, wake up," A raspy voice calls out. I didn't even recognize it, it was full of emotions and fear.

"Boss, what happened?" Oliver speaks up, looking at Evangeline, taking off his jacket and covering her. "Who did this?"

I look up around me, trying to find the man from earlier, but I didn't. "I don't know."

"The car is ready Boss," Robert, one of my men, says. I nod, getting up with the angel in my arm, making my way to the car. "Where to?"

"Clara's house, did anyone call the doctor?"

"Yes boss, she's on her way,"

"Go over the footage near the restaurant, I want the name of the man that talked to her before she fainted, by tonight."

"Yes, Boss."

-v-

"She'll be fine, the lack of food, her menstrual cycle, and exhaustion. When she wakes up, give her something to eat and she will be back to her normal self."

"When will she wake up?" I ask the doctor, looking at my girl. Her face was sickly and pale, every few moments her nose cringe in discomfort.

It broke my heart.

"Can't say for sure, if she doesn't wake up by tomorrow afternoon, call me."

"What do mean, if she doesn't? Is that a fucking possibility?" I yell at the doctor, not feeling sorry for my actions.

"N-no sir, I'm just trying to ease your worries." She stuttered out. Before I could say anything, Aunt Clara escorts her out.

"You weren't raised to be disrespectful." She scowls. I roll my eyes at her and focus myself on Evangeline.

"I should've made sure she ate."

"It's not your fault Amour, she will be fine don't worry."

-v-

"You look like absolute hell," I look at the source of the voice before pulling her into a big hug. "What happened?"

"Trésor, you're awake," I mutter into the nape of her neck, feeling her shudder.

"Yeah, what happened?"

"You fainted." I deadpanned, she looks at me and sighs dramatically.

"Again,"

"I did not expect that reaction, I was worried, my love."

My love?

"I tend to have fainting spells when I don't eat, sort of a side effect after the accident,"

"What accident?" The new fact, surprising me.

"I was in a car accident when I was a teenager, slippery roads." A weird emotion glossed over her eyes.

I pull her into a hug, enjoying her warmth and love. From the way her body relaxed, I could see she is glad that I did not ask her any more questions.

Why is she so relieved?

Does the accident have to do with anything the man from the restaurant?

I close my eyes, controlling the wave of emotions that washes over me. Ignoring the facts I have learned about Evangeline and that man.

Ignoring that I could never have Evangeline.

Ignoring that she doesn't care about me like I thought she did.

Ignoring that, that man.

That Bastard.

Is her, fiancé.

-v-

A/N: Anywho, I wanna drop out and just write forever.

Hi loves, sorry for being so inconsistent with this... It makes me sad ngl because I have the ideas just not the times. I wanna drop out but my urge to have people address me as "Doctor" is stronger.

Drink your water, fix your posture, say something nice to yourself today. I love and appreciate yall.

Take care. Mwah.

Updated: 08 November 2021