=Brother's Keeper=

Amour

Coward. 

You just left, not allowing her to say anything in response. 

"What's wrong with you?" Oliver's voice brings me out of my internal misery. I shake my head and say nothing.

"Oh I know that look," Sasha says smirking at me. Ever since the marriage, she's been more into the business a whole natural at that. "You said the words didn't you?" 

"What words?"

"How'd you know?" Oliver and I ask simultaneously while Sasha rolls her eyes. 

"He said I love you," She acknowledges Oliver's question first. "And because that's the same face Oliver made when he told me." 

"What did she say, man?" Oliver cheers, swinging his arm around my shoulder. 

"By the look on his face, she didn't say it back," Sasha answers for me, raising a brow questioningly. 

"What, I thought she love you? I'm sorry man, give it time." Oliver hugs me, desperately trying to ease my wound and I roll my eyes. 

"She didn't reject me," I mutter not keeping eye contact with them. " I left before I got an answer?"

"You did what??"

"Stupid"

I scowl at the couple as they yell at me. Those responses were not needed. 

"Why did you do that?" Sasha asks. 

"I became scared of what she might say," I admit, avoiding eye contact with them. I focus on the laptop trying to read the files in front of me. 

 "Was I ever that dumb?"

"Yes," Sasha answers Oliver without hesitation. "Look Amour, Evangeline loves you stop acting dumb and go back and tell her." 

"Looks like her bodyguard is here," Oliver says pointing at the surveillance camera. Andy was walking toward the building, Evangeline nowhere to follow. "Maybe she's already inside or in the car?"

A feeling of uneasiness comes to me as I walk out ready to confront Andy. When he sees me, he gives me a respectful nod. 

"Boss," 

"Where's Evangeline?" I cut him off before he could finish whatever he was going to say. 

"With Kayden Boss." He answers, gulping sensing that he did something wrong. "Per your instructions." 

"What do you mean, per my instructions?" I yell, grabbing his collar and pulling him up closer to me. 

"That's what Kayden told me," He stutters out. "He told me that you needed me and that you said he could take over watching her." 

I let him go and pull out my phone, calling Kayden. Annoyed at the whole situation, why the hell did he make Andy leave. 

"Ah, so you finally noticed." He answers. The sound of his voice angered me, he was proud of whatever the fuck he is doing. 

"What are you doing Kayden?" I speak slowly, I signal Oliver to trace the phone call. 

"Whatever the fuck I want," He says cackling on the phone. "One of your goons is probably tracking me now there's no need for that, I'll gladly give you my location. We aren't in hiding." 

"What did you do to her?"

"Calm down Boss," Humor is laced in his voice. "She's alive and waiting for you."